Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I'm confused.

V4.0 has a bug.

The bug has been corrected and V4.0 is without bugs.

Which one is the flawless one?

No software revisions? Nobody can save face that way.

:BangHead:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just plain scary, what am software revision am I installing on my machine? Would be nice to know XP lol. Also what was the earlier issue? The fact the "HOT" program has the incorrect discrimination set? The reports of "dark" spots on the LCD? Taking longer to connect with the coil? Information is the key to happy end users not feeling so happy. But it's kind of expected after seeing the way they handled the release of V4

Last edited:

AR10

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a dark spot on the display without contrast on 10 at 5 it was gone. Without the latest it die not show.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Desire 610 met Tapatalk

AR10

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also in the previous firmware at multitone you could alter the frequency without the expert setting

AR10

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I meanderende Not change the frequencies..

hori

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm confused.

V4.0 has a bug.

The bug has been corrected and V4.0 is without bugs.

Which one is the flawless one?

No software revisions? Nobody can save face that way.

:BangHead:

OMFG the sky is falling............do yourself a favor and get rid of your XP right away.... you get way too stressed over this machine... it`s not good for your health.....LOL

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
OMFG the sky is falling............do yourself a favor and get rid of your XP right away.... you get way too stressed over this machine... it`s not good for your health.....LOL

Stressed? Hardly.

I just appreciate the truth.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't think you could change frequency's with out having to go into the expert menu? Maybe I'm just confused as to what the issue was as I didn't notice it. Glad I kept the Beta release it seem the most stable and bug free lol. I am going to some looking into the .exe and see exactly what it's doing. Either downloading the firmware as we update it or saving a cache version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the exe actually contains the firmware update, just a conduit to where they have it and the previous versions stored on the server. You may be able to glean something by looking at the header, but not sure what. As I posted in the other thread, glad they are rapidly addressing minor bugs, but there should be rev control visible to the end user otherwise bad things could happen when coils, remotes, and headsets get out of sync not to mention confusion if you have more than one machine set (i.e., multiple remotes, coils, and headsets).

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, since it is a known fact put out by XP themselves that you can brick your hardware if they are updated with out of sync versions of the firmware, I do not think it is overreacting to be concerned about how this is being handled.

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This reminds me of a certain government roll out !?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the new fixed version. Think I might update mine when I get home, even though I haven't had any problems yet.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread