Just ordered the XP Deus...

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Hello! Long-time T'Netter & Detectorist here, nervously making the leap from a brand ( "W") that I've used exclusively for over 25 years, to the new XP Deus!

I've watched a ton of videos, reviews, etc, and relevant to the light weight of the Deus, and pure depth/power & options...no-brainer for me. lol
I hope to be posting a LOT here in the forum, and if any hints or tips for an XP Deus Newbie like me...by all means feel free! :hello:

HH to all

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the family I think you're going to enjoy your new detector

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't go wrong with the Deus
Good luck

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Change can be hard ! I loved my old battle axe DFX. I served me well over the years. But there is no comparison between the two units. I think you will love the Deus. To me, after using the DFX, learning the Deus was a piece of cake. It just seemed to make so much sense.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. I got mine just about Thanksgiving and it is a winner. Will pull a penny out of an aluminum patch, and in dry sand will pull stuff about a foot deep.

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought mine in January and took it out for the first time today. Let me tell ya, you will hear so many sounds BUT when a good target it there you WILL know. I dug an old pocket knife, $2 in clad and a wheat penny from 8 inches deep and hit hard. My buddy was using an Explorer SE and called me over to check a "silver quarter" signal he had. I went over it and it sounded good, but I got a 97 reading and as I pinpointed moving the coil backwards I got the Iron buzz Gary talks about. I said it's a crown cap and my buddy said "yeah right" he was getting a 00-28 or something. Said I need to learn the Deus more, well he dug and out popped a crown cap and nothing more in the hole.

He has been a Minelab user for 15 years and this opened his eyes.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate crown caps. Been fooled only once or twice on them.

OP
OP
usmcscorpio

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Thanks for the welcome and words of encouragement!
I'm hoping to post some good finds and good times here with you all soon!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First and foremost, I'd like to say "Semper Fi" Devil Dog. Secondly, A big Congrat's to you on the order of the new Deus. Folks that use these have really done well with them. Here's wishing you more of the same with Many great finds. From a fellow Georgia "Devil Dog".

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We forgot the downfall of the deus.Now you've got to revisit everyplace you've ever hunted.Good luck and happy hunting.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the new machine best on the market imo

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
We forgot the downfall of the deus.Now you've got to revisit everyplace you've ever hunted.Good luck and happy hunting.

Isn't that the truth! That is pretty much all I've done for the last 2 years. :laughing7:

boxxxer

Feb 25, 2015
ohio
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT pro, 8.5x11 and 5x8 and nel storm coil
Deus ws4 with 11 inch coil, hf coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had mine for several days now, simply amazed. have been reading and reading and practicing using programs and loading programs and understanding the settings and how they work together. awesome machine. Good luck on your searches.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As you know there are many good detectors. Personal preference to general and specific features we each have plays a big role. That's why I like so many MD offerred to the public.

No doubt being a newbie I would have liked several other detectors. Since I did select the Deus I am a happy camper. No let downs on this MD ability and character.

Two things I finally decided I wanted was wireless and program versatility.

Since a few months of hands on detecting, my wife and I are impressed with its sensitivity to very small targets.

I hope you find the Deus meets your specific likes. And good luck, it can really find things.

You may be very impressived on its sensitivity. I quickly found I needed to buy a shovel to more easily get to the depth of many hits.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the Deus out today to an iron infested patch of ground. I do mean infested. Not far from where I live. Some pieces weigh up to half a pound each! Lot of nails, oyster shells, broken pottery, you name it. Found a KG III 1781 copper there are few weeks ago and a HUGE dandy button, 18th century. Some of the iron rings at a 95, so.....different methods needed.

I used 7.7 mhz with a preprogammed coin mode. Bumped the reactivity to 2.

Went REALLY slow. Got 2 colonial pewter spoons, a colonial horse shoe, a later top to a kerosene or whale oil lamp, a rivet and a gorgeous hand chased 18th century dandy button. In that hole were three nails and a large washer. I had nails coming out with every relic.

Prius

Sep 3, 2011
Hi USMC,
Like you, I have read many forum messages and viewed many video's. I ordered my new Deus last Sunday. UPS tracking shows delivery this Monday with signature required. Getting the WS4 with remote and 9 inch coil. Looking forward to your comments. GLHH.
Prius.

tektin

Feb 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that the truth! That is pretty much all I've done for the last 2 years. :laughing7:

There are a few parks around here I have hit many time along with countless others. For some reason I feel very optimistic about finding more.

OP
OP
usmcscorpio

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Took the new XP Deus out today for the first hunt (updated to the 4.0 version first)
Went to a local empty lot/field right across from a middle school in our town, and was using the "Basic 1", with NO adjustments. (trying to get a "baseline grip" on all of the stock programs and what they can/can't do)
Initially was finding a LOT of large metal junk and whatsit's, then a quarter, 3 pennies, and an old ornate doorknob. Targets were all 6-8 inches or so.
I still have SO much to learn and get use to with the Deus, but am hoping that in no time I'll be finding the good stuff!
Thanks for everyone's input and ideas and warm welcome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions