Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hes a pretty cool English guy posts on another forum .I learned the basics of the deus from his videos and have talked to him in p.m few times. Hes a real cool guy designed my youtube channel art ,real layed back and answers questions about the deus not a famous metal detector snoob.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, OK... I've seen his videos. Didn't know that was the Gary, though.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was watching one of Gary's videos last night, and something he said really struck me. In fact, it helped me find some very nice Wheaties and a 1929 Buffalo nickel today. He said, "Find an excuse to dig, not an excuse to not dig".

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching one of Gary's videos last night, and something he said really struck me. In fact, it helped me find some very nice Wheaties and a 1929 Buffalo nickel today. He said, "Find an excuse to dig, not an excuse to not dig".

That's a good mindset to have with any detector!

Noah

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good mindset to have with any detector!

Noah

It paid off again, today! (well, I guess I probably would have dug these two, anyway)

March_3_2017.jpg

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary's soft spoken manor puts me to sleep every time I put on the 10 Deus videos.

Nice green Indian there. :icon_thumright:

mikddd

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2013
GARY

Understated, but beautiful!

Hallo to the forum Gary he was made videos and posts about version 2.0 and for version 3.2 for version 4.0 nothing WHY ??
I thing that he is keep himself out of dance because in my opinion xp release this version only because a lot of people start to wanter
wats going on and it is aversion that not offers mach exept nails sorry about my englishe there not good

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hallo to the forum Gary he was made videos and posts about version 2.0 and for version 3.2 for version 4.0 nothing WHY ??
I thing that he is keep himself out of dance because in my opinion xp release this version only because a lot of people start to wanter
wats going on and it is aversion that not offers mach exept nails sorry about my englishe there not good

Give it time. I am sure he is working a video. His production values are high so it will probably take some time to get them on the street. Gary is fully onboard with V 4.0 and is in no way "out of [the] dance". As a matter of fact, he was able to talk XP into including versions of two of his custom programs (Deep and Hot) as built-in programs on Version 4.

mikddd

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks about your orthographical correction my frend

I didn't say that is Garys mistake the release of version 4 for me it is a commercial release ( coils,pin pointers) and not a quality
release for you in USA that you are look also for nuggets its very good

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks about your orthographical correction my frend

I didn't say that is Garys mistake the release of version 4 for me it is a commercial release ( coils,pin pointers) and not a quality
release for you in USA that you are look also for nuggets its very good

I didn't say that you said that. Frankly, you've lost me. I think the issue may indeed be language based. I applaud your attempt to communicate your thoughts because I would not be able to communicate as well in your native Greek or any other language. So hat's off to you, you have my respect.

But to be clear, XP released the software when THEY considered it ready. If they really bowed to the pressure from the folks who wanted it released early as a Beta, they would have released it a year ago. I believe there are some good aspects to the release even without the hardware. I like the 2.5 reactivity setting and negative disc which tends to minimize iron wraparound. Other than the pinpointer, the new hardware is really not for me since I am not into prospecting and nugget hunting. And again, Gary was integral to the development and release timing as far as I can tell based on skype calls I participated in conducted by Andy Sabisch with both Gary and Alain Loubet, the XP CEO/CTO.

Last edited:

mikddd

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2013
I try to express my thouts but it is difficult because i don't speak and write good english, anyway i have the deus 3 years oh my life it
was so mach simple with my tesoro vaguero anyway i learn to use deus with Garys instructional videos for this i was waiting him to see
some videos and i was saprised with his absents because like you said before he made this two programs (deep and hot) .
I want to ask you if you use the no motion , because i show that is not so deep or the signal is not so strong , like was in 2.0 and 3.2 and
if you can tell me between those 3 versions which are you considering that gives the less fake signals
About the negative discrimination i didn't make any dig yet i hope is like you said because the soil that we dig here is very mineralized

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to express my thouts but it is difficult because i don't speak and write good english, anyway i have the deus 3 years oh my life it
was so mach simple with my tesoro vaguero anyway i learn to use deus with Garys instructional videos for this i was waiting him to see
some videos and i was saprised with his absents because like you said before he made this two programs (deep and hot) .
I want to ask you if you use the no motion , because i show that is not so deep or the signal is not so strong , like was in 2.0 and 3.2 and
if you can tell me between those 3 versions which are you considering that gives the less fake signals
About the negative discrimination i didn't make any dig yet i hope is like you said because the soil that we dig here is very mineralized

Good questions.

I do not use non-motion modes, save for the pinpointer function occasionally. I typically use gold field which is continuous tone that rises in pitch and intensity when the coil is nearest to the target and use that as kind of a pinpointer because it also displays target ID. Negative discrimination may help in mineralized ground, but there is no getting over the fact that Pulse Induction machines such as the Minelab GPX do much better depthwise than any VLF machine in mineralized ground. So version 4 is not going to work any miracles as far as mineralized ground performance for the Deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread