Thinking of upgrading to a DEUS

bmason44

Greenie
Mar 14, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro, DEUS
Hello all. I'm fairly new to the forum . Although I registered on the forum a few years back I never really posted much. I have been swinging an AT PRO for about 2 years now and love the machine. I usually run with the 5x8 coil in trashy areas near old homes and parks and strap a nel attack on for the open fields. I have been thinking of upgrading for awhile now but wasn't 100% certain which way to go. After a few days of reading all the awesome and informative posts on here I am all but sold on breaking open the piggy bank and giving the DEUS a shot. I just had a couple questions I was hoping a few of you guys that have the machine could answer for me. I live in north eastern Ohio and mostly coin shoot due to the fact there's not much in the way of old war relics around my parts. Don't get me wrong I dig the bigger mid-high tones and occasionally pull a tootsie car and have pulled few war tokens but those are few and far between. Most ground I am able to detect is at best 1830's and up.Most of those sights are public grounds and old farm houses usually littered with iron and modern trash. Most places I go when manually ground balancing range from 80-89, A rare 75-79 but hardly ever.With that being said do you feel this machine would be good for what i'm dealing with and mostly finding? Also, I have a weird love for all things silver and i'm looking for the best detecter to pluck them from the trash. I noticed a few sponsored dealers on the site. Anyone you could recommend as far as package deals and costomer service ? Any info and back feed is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long winded post. Thanks.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back! I highly recommend Keith at Fort Bedford Detectors. He is an awesome person to deal with. Good luck on the Deus purchase should you decide to go forward with it.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XP Deus excels in heavy iron and trash due to its fast recovery speed. Highly customizable programs allow you to tweak settings at an individual site. It works well at finding coins and relics in difficult sites. Give me a shout if I can answer any questions for you. We have some great unadvertised specials on the XP right now.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only place were I wouldn't recommend a Deus is in a place littered with rusty bottle caps. Minelabs have no problem with them.but you will still probably outhunt a Minelab in these areas because of the weight and slower recovery of the Minelabs. You will have dug the bottlecap and moved on while the Minelab is still working the same area. The AT Pro is a great machine for the money just not quite as deep or fast as a Deus

OP
OP
B

bmason44

Greenie
Mar 14, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the info RustyGold, I will give Keith a call if I move forward.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I went from ATP to Deus three years ago.

Wireless and light weight were the key points for me. It is an easy machine to swing, and it does not tire me out. The ATP made my arm hurt after 3 hours. And that headset cord was a nightmare.

I really like the machine. It's not inexpensive, but worth every cent.

Best of luck brother!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey welcome to the deus forum. I live in NW Ohio and switched from the AT Pro and AT Gold to the deus and it's a whole new level of detecting. It has found so much stuff where my AT series detectors have pounded that I know this machine will find what other detectors can't. It's a beast in iron and from what I've seen with the V4 update it's getting some nice depth also. It was deeper than the pro in version 3.2 but now it will go deeper than the AT Gold in all metal. It will find those silvers for you no problem. As a matter of fact I found a seated dime and two 2 cent coins in field next to my house that no other detector would hear. I found these after second week of owning deus. I have a test garden set up that is almost 4 years old and the deus hits everyone of the coins I have buried and the deep ones that the pro wouldn't hit on and the gold struggled with when you set up deus correctly. Buy the deus and don't look back.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deus is a great machine, I am not yet very pro-efficient on it [and yes, there is a learning curve to get optimum results], but I am impressed by what I have seen so far.

Also tends to hold its value more so than other detectors, light weight, deep seeking and wireless will always be attractive options. Look around, bigboyhobbies is where I got mine, but you can't go wrong with any forum sponsor.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also wanted to add that the guys at metaldetectingstuff will take good care of you with a new xp deus. They are only ones I buy my detectors from. They are supporting sponsors on Tnet also.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting with the Deus since December. At first I thought I would give the Deus a good try and then go back to old faithful. (my AT Pro)
but that has not happen. I have got to know the Deus very well in the short time that I have been running it. There is no going back now !!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't even picked up my old machine since I got my Deus in November. Three gold rings, a Rev War belt plate, dozens of CW and colonial buttons and coins, huge amount of coins from parks among aluminum trash, coppers pulled out of nail patches, and now a banner for a rare CW button.

I won't go back. Plus the Deus is light weight and you can go ALL DAY with it! In trash like iron takes about 6 seconds to reprogram it to send the signal faster through the ground to get the goodies out from among the iron.

OP
OP
B

bmason44

Greenie
Mar 14, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the info fella's. It sounds like an awesome machine. I will contact a few of the mentioned venders and see what kinda of deal I can swing.

OP
OP
B

bmason44

Greenie
Mar 14, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Well after much debating I took the DEUS plunge. Thanks for the reference Kodiak, Wayne gave me a heck of a deal. I decided on the ws4 phones, 9'' coil, silicon cover and Andy's book. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for this machine to ship,lol.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus is a great machine, I am not yet very pro-efficient on it [and yes, there is a learning curve to get optimum results], but I am impressed by what I have seen so far.

Also tends to hold its value more so than other detectors, light weight, deep seeking and wireless will always be attractive options. Look around, bigboyhobbies is where I got mine, but you can't go wrong with any forum sponsor.

I ran the Deus around two months before I really learned what it had been telling me. i found great relics from day one but just did not connect. then one day it hit me during the first 15 minutes of the hunt. that day everything just clicked
and i have continued to understand each tone and what it was telling me every since. its funny how you can connect with a machine.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking classifieds and dont see any detectors for sale lol. Considered the Dues to replace my AT Pro. But still working on my new Etrac. All good info for anyone researching here.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking classifieds and dont see any detectors for sale lol. Considered the Dues to replace my AT Pro. But still working on my new Etrac. All good info for anyone researching here.

Keep at it. They do occasionally appear for sale by owner, typically from folks who get overwhelmed by the options and who are not used to "tone" machines and give up on it too quickly before it has a chance to sink in, but not usually at a deep discount. Otherwise, it is rare to see Deus people offering up their Deus for sale for the next shiny detector to come along (e.g., the Nokta Impact). Though you can have some limited success with a turn it on and go approach using the built in Deus program settings, it really takes some customization of the settings to really unlock its capabilities and even then it sometimes it takes a few weeks or months for the lightbulb to go on in your brain regarding what the Deus is telling you (the "when it all clicks" moment, described by several Deus users here). So those folks who don't have the patience to learn how to properly unlock the Deus can get frustrated will try to recoup their investment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread