Please Post Any Deus V4 Issues with Non-HF Coil Battery Level Indication/Performance

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been a number of sporadic reports of Non-HF coil battery level indication issues (e.g., single bar indication following full charge) or coil batteries losing capacity more rapidly than expected. To attempt to consolidate these reports to better understand if there is an actual issue with V4 software either in the way it indicates battery level or a potential issue that causes the coil battery to discharge at an unusually rapid rate, please post any experiences you have had with Non-HF coil battery performance or level indications in this thread. So getting the ball rolling:

I had once occurrence with a low coil battery level indication following a full charge and a subsequent separate issue where the coil battery appeared to fully discharge at an unusually rapid rate.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today, I started my hunt with a fully charged coil. Was running on TX 2 - 3.5 hrs into my hunt, the coil suddenly went completely dead. Hunt over.

I came home and recharged the coil. In approximately 1 hour, my coil had a full charge. According to the XP manual, this should have taken 2.5hrs to complete.

My unit is 1 year old. This is the first time this has ever happened. I'm using V4.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, I started my hunt with a fully charged coil. Was running on TX 2 - 3.5 hrs into my hunt, the coil suddenly went completely dead. Hunt over.

I came home and recharged the coil. In approximately 1 hour, my coil had a full charge. According to the XP manual, this should have taken 2.5hrs to complete.

My unit is 1 year old. This is the first time this has ever happened. I'm using V4.

I'm beginning to believe I am not imagining things. Your experience sounds very similar to what happened to me three days ago. I think it also happened to Deft Tones.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm beginning to believe I am not imagining things. Your experience sounds very similar to what happened to me three days ago. I think it also happened to Deft Tones.

I thought I didn't properly charge/click in my coil, but I distinctively remember seeing my coil light up/off 3 secs each before going out this morning.

I hope XP looks into this and comes up with a work around or I might have to rollback to 3.2 until it's resolved. I'm guessing it has something to do with the old 9" versus the new 9" and how V4 sees/powers them.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the exact (or very similar) issue as DeepDigs on my first go with 4.0. Only a few hours in off a full charge and coil dies.

I deleted all XP items from my hard drive, downloaded the installer reverting to v3.2 again. everything worked as expected with normal battery discharge. 4-5 hours and missing one battery bar.

The following day I deleted all XP items from my HD again, downloaded the installer again, installed v4.0 and everything works normally for the first 4.5 hours so far. After 4.5 hours the controller says coil battery meter is one bar depleted...seems normal so far.

I'll be running it down for 8 hours or more today. It seems that the Gremlin is gone for my unit at this point.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same issue with me as well, charged the coil till the light blinked yesterday. Went to use it today and only had 1 bar on the coil. Going to delete all XP software and reinstall V4 and see if that helps. The problem is, it doesn't happen every time I use the machine. So it's super hard to diagnose the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not so sure its a v4 issue. It could be a battery issue. I recently fully charged my 3.2 11" coil and it seemed to go to 1 bar very rapidly if not immediately after charging. How many recharges should these batteries handle before losing performance. My unit only one year old

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happened one time for me using 3.2 as well. Weird thing is that it stopped blinking fairly quickly (charged much much faster than my remote and headphones that were depleted the same amount). I chalked it up to maybe not having the charging clip fully seated, thereby not getting a full charge. Hasn't happened since, but I've been cognizant to ensure the clip (at that time) was seated correctly. Going so far as to elevate the coil a little so the tips of the clip isn't in contact with my table....but I will be keeping a close eye on v4 and will report back if I encounter any issues.

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine worked today but a couple days ago was having the same issue.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience was kinda the opposite, installed 4.0, and ran the machine, for what I thought was 6 or 7 hours,and had no battery drain....nice I thought to my self.... Went out Easter morning and coil meter is flashing dead.....30 seconds go by and the meter jumps up to 2\3 thirds full....hunt for 2 hours with no issues.....charged when I got home and it charged for at least 2 hours. When I first got my machine I had the coil battery issue you guys mentioned, only happened once...hopefully my new issue is a one time deal as well.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 seconds go by and the meter jumps up to 2\3 thirds full....hunt for 2 hours with no issues.....

That sounds like it is related to how long the coil takes to initially connect.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like it is related to how long the coil takes to initially connect.
It never did that before.....after the coil light flashes 10 times or however many times it is, it's ready to go....the meter flashed after the coil paired with the controller

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had similar problems in December. Called Moe, he said to reinstall program and to run coil dead before charging. Then to run it dead again, then recharge. If it still had a problem a new one would be on the way.
Hasn't happened since.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please Post Any Deus V4 Issues with Non-HF Coil Battery Level Indication/Perf...

Had similar problems in December. Called Moe, he said to reinstall program and to run coil dead before charging. Then to run it dead again, then recharge. If it still had a problem a new one would be on the way.
Hasn't happened since.

What's the fastest way to run the coil dead? Turn on remote and/or headset and let coil drain down overnight?

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just left the remote on just like you said and turned power up to 3.

boxxxer

Feb 25, 2015
ohio
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT pro, 8.5x11 and 5x8 and nel storm coil
Deus ws4 with 11 inch coil, hf coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using version 4.0 experimenting with programs, hunted for about three hours then started using deep with xy and after 4 more hrs coil showed less than half, then went home and charged up in less than 1.5 hrs. has only happened once. control and head phones hardly showed any decline.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, on V4 the remote and headphones seem to last forever and I have the remote backlight on continuously! Lol (been doing a lot of twilight hunting of late).

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like covert special operation missions ! lol

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016