Please Post Any Deus V4 Issues with Non-HF Coil Battery Level Indication/Performance

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had the issue where the 11" coil would show only one bar after using it for about an hour and a half (this is on a fresh charge) so charged it back and went back out today and got a solid 2 hour hunt in with no drop in coil battery. I run 8Khz so I'm stuck at TX-3 so I don't expect to have amazing battery life but 1 bar left after an hour and a half hunt is not right.
I'm pretty sure this didn't happen with V3.2
I have been watching the coil and remote closely when they pair. Something's I have noticed with V4
- takes longer to pair up
- will not pair up when it feels like it
- always starts the coil in 18Khz I think then switches to what ever KHz your program is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 and #3 are normal for v4 I believe.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. You guys got it. Actually, I've been giving all the game cams this look while I'm doing my nite crawling dirty work...

whome.jpg

or this

fletch doctor.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the issue where the 11" coil would show only one bar after using it for about an hour and a half (this is on a fresh charge) so charged it back and went back out today and got a solid 2 hour hunt in with no drop in coil battery. I run 8Khz so I'm stuck at TX-3 so I don't expect to have amazing battery life but 1 bar left after an hour and a half hunt is not right.
I'm pretty sure this didn't happen with V3.2
I have been watching the coil and remote closely when they pair. Something's I have noticed with V4
- takes longer to pair up
- will not pair up when it feels like it
- always starts the coil in 18Khz I think then switches to what ever KHz your program is.

You are stuck at TX-3 only if you are running at 4 khz. For all the other frequencies you can adjust TX power to 1, 2, or 3 unless you are using frequency offset (regardless of frequency, except at 4 khz there is no frequency offset) then you are stuck at TX-3 again.

And agree with Jadocs, items 1 and 3 above are normal for V4. I have not had an issue where it has refused to pair unless the coil battery was dead (or at least the remote thought it was dead).

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that's the key point, sometimes the remote/headphones will not read the proper battery level when pairing with the coil. Kind of like the issue with V3.2 where the coil would show 1 bar after a full charge. (Reinstalling V3.2 fixed the issue) maybe it's a hold over bug from V3.2? I dunno just show me where I can dig [emoji846]

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not just beach hunting, I like to relic hunt with my buds, too.

DIV Mankinis.jpg

Gotta be careful with the pinpointer when wearing that giddup.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is probably unrelated to the update or to the problem being discussed, and I am still keeping an eye on it, but I charged everything overnight, and the light was steady this morning. The headphones failed after about an hour. Pretty sure they were plugged in OK. Yes, I am running V4.

Recharging just the headphones right now, and will keep a close eye on it, and a backup MD handy.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari, had a very hard time with the Deus 3.2 over the weekend. The black on the machine turned chocolate colored. Oh wait, I was digging in the rain and mud! Never mind!

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure you need the Deus as you find coppers just sitting on top of the ground. Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread