I got a Killer deal on a Deus tonite

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here ....I came up with around $3700 all. In fact, I couldn't even find some of the extras for sale anywhere, like some of the repair stuff in little factory bags.

Even his ad stated that any prospective buyer should "google all the items to see what a deal it was". I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. We exchanged emails etc and may do some hunts together later. ..... Maybe then I will ask him why he priced it so low.

I took the Deus out for about a hour yesterday and found about 8 coins in the heavyiron. Nothing old, but I was mostly learning tones etc. I was switching in between fast and the deep program. Being use to hunting with the E Trac, with a open screen, I found that dealing with the chatter on the Deus wasn't a issue. Next week I will really put some time in learning it.

Good job. And yeah, take Jadoc's advice and check out the Andy's book and also Gary's Videos linked at the top of the forum. Have fun and enjoy. What's amazing is that a lifetime of typical finds may never add up to the cost savings associated with your deal. If you start digging up gold rings though... Lol.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic deal, congratulations! :occasion14:

upstatedetector

Jul 21, 2009
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F5
And I thought my AT Pro barely used with the Garrett carrot, sand scoop and some other extras for $300 was a good deal. Geez way to go! I almost had a close to brand new 11" Deus setup with the wired phones for $800 but that fell through. I have done VERY well on Nikon camera gear by having alerts set up and being the first to pounce.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thought my AT Pro barely used with the Garrett carrot, sand scoop and some other extras for $300 was a good deal. Geez way to go! I almost had a close to brand new 11" Deus setup with the wired phones for $800 but that fell through. I have done VERY well on Nikon camera gear by having alerts set up and being the first to pounce.

You did get a great deal on the ATPro.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the awesome deal. I bet you'll love the Deus. It's feather light and fast. I wouldn't even ask the seller why he sold it so low, just enjoy and know that you got one hell of a deal. :notworthy:

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that on findmall and jumped on it till he wouldn't budge on PayPal payments staying FIRM on USPS MO. Lack of posts and sheer amount was just too booku of a risk for me. Glad it went to a fellow forum member! Congrats on a helluva deal!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that is the same deal. Nice guy. He just does not trust pay pal and wanted the cash. I was lucky he lives only 10 minutes from me.

Was he asking the same price on Findmall?

I saw that on findmall and jumped on it till he wouldn't budge on PayPal payments staying FIRM on USPS MO. Lack of posts and sheer amount was just too booku of a risk for me. Glad it went to a fellow forum member! Congrats on a helluva deal!!!!!!

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1500 on findmall, which was still a good deal.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1500 on findmall, which was still a good deal.

Gawd. Not sure I could be that anxious to purchase the latest shiny new toy (apparently the reason he was selling) AND not trust paypal enough to take an additional $500 hit on an already ridiculously low asking price. To go almost obsessively all in on the Deus and then hop out like that just to get the new Nokta is odd. Not that it's a bad detector (I have been researching it myself). But he could have held out for a better price, kept one of the three Deus combos and still would have scored enough leftover cash to have gotten the new Nokia AND the new Garrett lol. Oh well, Toothpick is the lucky beneficiary of what I am sure is some behind the scenes drama of some sort.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread