Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been sorta disconnected with my Deus ever since installing v4
Mostly the disc change and also I (on purpose) did not record my custom settings (all from andys book) because I wanted to fully commit with full tones.
Now using zero to very low disc. (Mostly around -2 / 0 ) Settings with full tones I don't see myself ever going back to disc. 10 and three/four five tones

I liked hearing the iron and trash vs. discriminating it out.
My buddy and I pulled $20 in clad from locale high school in three hours. So I feel at one with it again.
We then went on to an older house I had permission to hunt and that's were the new settings really worked well.
Home was built around 1920s and the owner (now 91) doesn't recall it ever before being detected. I had high hopes but came home with just more clad and one wheaty, but the interesting thing is how many non ferrous targets I pulled from the blanket of iron roofing nails.
My buddy swinging a whites DFX with sharpshooter coil was overwhelmed with iron.
I actually enjoyed it!

Anyway thanks for reading my post
And I'm glad to be at one with the dues again.
My go to settings are
From "hot" program
I prefer 12k
Sensitivity as high as possible but usually @88
And when the iron was really close together I even dropped tx to 1 and reactivity up to four seamed to run smoother. And picked stuff from the nails.
This machine really does love being wide open!

IMG_2462.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one of the places the Dues shines! High iron area's are its specialty in my eyes. With its super fast recovery speed its hard for non-ferrous targets to hid in the ferrous crap.
Just watch I have been getting fooled by big iron, no matter what settings. I have been having large iron chunks come up as 83-88 and sounding good even on the XY screen 😠

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. Esp steel crown caps.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still haven't upgraded, but mine has three additional programs added by the pros when it was brand new and it just kicks it, so I will not upgrade at this time.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad things are going well,I didn't like 4 at first but I'm loving it now.Congratulations on a great day

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know what I missed because I upgraded as soon as I received mine. I've been looking in Andy's book and he doesn't say which program he starts with to build a new program.

tabman

Last edited:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great report Foot Hill it's a great feeling to become in tune with the Deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread