Sep 18, 2017
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
CTX3030
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since using the deus with a HF coil I am finding I like it way better than the Minelab CTX3030. Just a lot more stable in trashy areas and iron cluttered parks. Easier to discern iron from non ferrous stuff. And at a third the weight.

I am better at just using audio with the deus too. The screen usually doesnt tell me anything the tone hasn't already told me.

So I sold the CTX. I'm still gonna be curious to try out the new Minelab Equinox 800 though.

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....does it outperform the ctx on wet sand salt water beaches... just wondering as I am in the market for a beach detector that is also versatile elsewhere... thanks

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,since it's so completely subjective as to what's better for who,I say...the machine that works for YOU and finds the things YOU want to find is the one for YOU. As long as the results are positive,it's all good. I don't care if I'm finding 10" silver coins with a Compadre or a CTX....I'm finding what I'm after! Good to hear the HF is sprucing things up!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
....does it outperform the ctx on wet sand salt water beaches... just wondering as I am in the market for a beach detector that is also versatile elsewhere... thanks

Check out the new Equinox that will be available this spring?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread