Got a new Deus, question about mounting gopro...

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, MI-6, Garrett Pro-Pointer I & II.
My new Deus will be arriving tomorrow (remote, WS5, 11" coil, and MI-6) I have been busy watching videos, tutorials etc... I noticed Gary is using a pretty cool flex mount in this video

Does anyone have any information on how / where to get a camera mount like this?

Thanks!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go Pro makes a flex mount you can clamp on to the shaft, Walmart makes a knockoff version that is less than 1/3 the price. Also, search for Detecting Doo Dads - they make 3D printed detecting doo dads (no kidding) including clamp mounts for flashlights and go pros. The one thing about mounting it on the detector is it can get the viewer a little motion sick vs. head or chest mounted which provides your point of view of the detector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, MI-6, Garrett Pro-Pointer I & II.
Perfect, thanks for the info. I will check out the gopro flex mount. I have a couple of gopros, was thinking about just having one focused on the remote screen and one head mounted and displaying the digs. Picture in picture type video.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you are getting at. Good idea for a split screen or pic-in-pic video. I am sure there are plenty of third-party gopro compatible flex mounts out there besides the OEM one. Just need to make sure whatever you get can stand up to the abuse. You don't need your gopro lying in a field somewhere. Same goes for the remote on the deus. The Doo Dads guy makes a lanyard setup that is probably worth it to not have an $800 component get lost in the bushes. I have done that and fortunately found it by retracing my steps, but it leaves a sick feeling in your stomach when you find it missing.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's the detecting doodads site I mentioned in my post. Wasn't sure if posting the link to a non-Tnet sponsor site was allowed so I omitted it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread