Gator Gold

Greenie
Jan 24, 2015
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab SBC 2300, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello. I just received my XP Deus 9.5" Elliptical DD High Frequency Coil and need some programs. I have had a lot of success with my 9” and 11” coils using the “Sifter” program, however I am not sure if the program will work with the new coil. Does anyone have any input?
I primarily hunt for coins and relics around old homesteads and churches. I would very much appreciate any programs you have had success with. Thanks!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I don't have the HF Elliptical coil, but those programs you have should be fine for the new coil.
I have the 9" and 11" HF coils and my LF programs work just fine in them.
Good luck

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I just received my XP Deus 9.5" Elliptical DD High Frequency Coil and need some programs. I have had a lot of success with my 9” and 11” coils using the “Sifter” program, however I am not sure if the program will work with the new coil. Does anyone have any input?
I primarily hunt for coins and relics around old homesteads and churches. I would very much appreciate any programs you have had success with. Thanks!

As HuntingDog said, the same programs you use with your non-hf coils should work with your hf coils. If you are primarily looking for deep coins go with 14 khz. If you are going for relics or relics and coins or sifting in thick iron try 28 khz. Experiment with the different frequencies with your existing programs even 74 khz.

If you haven't tried it, switch to pitch tones on your favorite program with discrimination ( e.g., pitch tone with disc at 7 to 10, reactivity at 2 (with silencer off at -1), iron volume at 1 or 2 so you can hear the ferrous, and at a 28 khz, sensitivity as desired set just to prevent chatter or lower if sifting) and swing away. Makes a great program to unmask non-ferrous in iron. Don't use this where you have a tone of modern trash though.

HTH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread