XP ORX on the way

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox and Deus is a great combo as they both have strengths and weaknesses that are overcome by the other detector.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very curious to see what you think - for me their is no comparison - my other machines are collecting dust because I can't put my orx down. Probably won't stop me from buying more though..lol but its very good and so...Light

OP
OP
VA relicman

VA relicman

Apr 13, 2020
VA
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve gotten pretty decent with my nox and can usually determine an iron false from a good signal now. What I haven’t quite figured out is all the fine tuning on the machine. My buddy has a Deus and after picking it up with my pinky I wanted to order because of those 6-8 hour hunts we do sometimes. Seems the orx is just a simplified Deus which is what I’m looking for. I plan to carry both and compare them on targets that I find

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Deus but got an ORX to see what it could do and as a Deus backup, and while there are just a few things I wish XP had done to make it better, there are some things the ORX does do better than Deus including the Target ID display and the simplified ground grab, ground balancing implementation. For example, I wish ORX had pitch audio as an option vs. 3-tones and ground tracking, but these are not show stoppers and I have been very successful with ORX.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your gonna love it! Congratulations :occasion14:

Сергей

May 8, 2020
Russia
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also want XP Deus because of its weight! but tell me which ...... they did not make the volume control? This device is not cheap, but the volume does not decrease!

OP
OP
VA relicman

VA relicman

Apr 13, 2020
VA
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you can turn the volume down with the headphones?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you turn the volume down with the headphones - The only issue I had was my headphones did not sync very well with my unit and there is a software update that solved that.

There is no volume control on the external speaker though and it is loud - but I personally never hunt without headphones.

I also always charge my headphones after hunting for longer than 2 hours. - Always a good idea to have a wired spare handy if your way out in the woods.

My advice is use program 3 and adjust freq if emi is an issue (usually if I have to much chatter and I cant solve it by reducing gain from 90 down to 85, then I will up freq to 54 khz and this usually resolves it) reduces depth on deep silver. I can quickly switch to program 4 if need be to check a deeper signal.

Did you get the MI6 pinpointer - having it synced with the headphones is really nice - hard to back to using a normal pinpointer afterwards.

Сергей

May 8, 2020
Russia
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can’t use headphones in my region, it’s dangerous, you need to hear a bear

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Сергей;6502025 said:
I can’t use headphones in my region, it’s dangerous, you need to hear a bear

Hunt with FEDOR or his brother Alex then.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just sold my Deus as I find myself doing more water hunts lately and the Nox can hold its own in the field. If I find myself missing the Deus, I’ll get an ORX or a used Deus. Still feel the ORX at $750 is a bit high for what it can do compared to a $649 Nox 600. Ergos on the XP units are unbeatable though.

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ORX was $649 with wireless headphones, 9" round HF coil and MI6. Shop around.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I also ordered an Orx a couple days ago. Swinging the AT Pro for the last decade, this new light weight machine should be a dream to swing.

OP
OP
VA relicman

VA relicman

Apr 13, 2020
VA
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VFerrari- how would you set up the ORX to run at a 1700's plantation home that is full of large iron, nails and trash to pull out the targets from under/between the iron? The soil itself is not highly minerlized

Сергей

May 8, 2020
Russia
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
then write off how he is at work as he has with depth

Сергей

May 8, 2020
Russia
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think more than one device can’t cope with this, you need to remove the garbage first

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
My Orx was in Miami yesterday,..in Toronto this morning. I have a question for Xp users. Where I live I detect in Ice cold water In spring and fall with ice still on the lake. With the XP’s battery being in the lower shaft, will this temp of water effect the battery’s life or cause damage to it? Here’s a hunt yesterday. Managed a tiny 10k 1.1gram ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1589042382.363720.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1589042400.344297.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1589042418.243880.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread