Best Coils For Park And Field

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO I'd go with the X35 11" coil for field work and the 9" round HF for parks. It's a good combination of being able to run higher frequencies for the gold, and able to pick thru trash better than the 11". I use the 5X9 1/2" HF for shallow targets in nail and iron infested ghost town sites, but I like the 9" round HF for general all around performance.

Pat2284

Jun 7, 2017
Berlin, Md
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you're coming over to the "light" side. Agree w/ Tom's post here, as I have the same combo, but not the 5x9. Also, this should help as all of Gary's videos are very well done in answering questions.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s the combo I have too.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rats. I have The 13 x 11 for the fields and parks, parks here in okc, are mostly large acreage. I also use the 9 x 5 and 9” LF x35 in the parks. working on permissions and ghost towns as well. The 9x5 elliptical is like shooting a laser in the ground. That thing is awesome little coil. But I will admit, wish I had an 11 and the 9” round HF. Got a feeling packages will be arriving at the house soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread