pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why did I wait till spring-to send in the Deus?

Stupid is stupid :headbang:

Mail took 11 days-expedited post/insured $47.18 Probably walking speed-instead of air. :BangHead:

Received a week ago-so I thought I'd call to see when/how long/in the queue yet.

We usually take 1-2 weeks to service a machine, pack it up and ship it off again. Repeat......when asked another version of the same ?

Yours is one of the other 300 machines we have in at this moment......:dontknow:

OK-like I already state why did I wait till spring-NO spring came early-that's it. :laughing7:

I wonder if I remember how to swing one of those boat anchor Minelabs again.:icon_scratch:

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
300 machines in for service? Ouch. I hope mine doesn’t have issues. ( so far so good).

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh because of the Virus and everything it was delayed.
Ear cup been held on by painters tape clips broke foam mat fell off.
Thumb print shadow on screen
Pinpointer won't stay connected.
Need new version
Big coil won't connect up
Besides that it works great....

Though it makes one wonder the # of returns for service is that a normal amount? I have no idea really.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh because of the Virus and everything it was delayed.
Ear cup been held on by painters tape clips broke foam mat fell off.
Thumb print shadow on screen
Pinpointer won't stay connected.
Need new version
Big coil won't connect up
Besides that it works great....

Though it makes one wonder the # of returns for service is that a normal amount? I have no idea really.

Arrg... your a more "forgiving " person than I...

The minute i received it back and fully functioning... I would have a craigslist add running it for sale. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***ARC begins with a old grampa voice***

"Dint have no fancy smanchy beeps... bells and whistles when i was detecting ! .. we had a magnet tied to a stick !"

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Arrg... your a more "forgiving " person than I...

The minute i received it back and fully functioning... I would have a craigslist add running it for sale. heh

$3300 invested-err-ah-replace with what?

From swing the Minelab boat anchors for a decade me arm joint/muscle/tendons love the weight load now.

I will be throwing the 3030 up in the sale with all the heads once it gets repaired once again. (actually found it a while back sitting in the corner of the storage in the shop-(6yrs sitting there pouting) crap service provided.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
***ARC begins with a old grampa voice***

"Dint have no fancy smanchy beeps... bells and whistles when i was detecting ! .. we had a magnet tied to a stick !"

Well a magnet on a stick doesn't gather coinage as I found out back in the early 80's. Was in need of $$$ and went water magnet fishing for change-one clad dime from Canada.......:laughing7:
Off we go Crawling back over the wall of the Alamo.........

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I called last week and did a query: "It's been 3 weeks now since you've received it and was just wondering?"

Reply: "Due to covid we have been inundated with machines, so are a 4-5 week window for getting repairs looked at. We will send you an email with the shipping charges when we send it back and any out of warranty charges"
The usual non-commitment answer one would receive from a company-but it kind of smells.
The call before they stated that they had 300+ machines down there-Really? Where's down there-cellar?
Oh well if I had known that the turn around was a couple of months I would of thought different.
I snoozed-I loosed.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well finally it seems the machine is on it's way back to me-sitting in Jamaica NY International. It seems that I was charged only the ear cup & clip which were cheap. The shipping pi$$ing me off-like nothing like screwing the little guy in life-$70 like really now.
But what's a few $$$ spent to get a great machine back in top notch order.

Now if Deus made the attempt to include Apple operating systems then 90% of the issues wouldn't in the first place. Old versions wouldn't support the pinpointer-then even the coil won't pair up-well I'll see if the 5.2 version makes any difference.

I will say this going back to the ETrac boat anchor is an arm workout! I'll be glad to have the light weight back on the end of my wrist shortly.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see the machine has now cleared customs and one other facility,,,,,Nothing like watching the tracking # of a package-reminds me of paint drying....Oh I have an old iron patch or two that have been tilled up waiting for the return of the beloved arm extension.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see the machine has now cleared customs and one other facility,,,,,Nothing like watching the tracking # of a package-reminds me of paint drying....Oh I have an old iron patch or two that have been tilled up waiting for the return of the beloved arm extension.
Quick question pepperj: which coil(s) do you use with the Deus? (Sorry if you've said this elsewhere and I didn't see it).
- Brian

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quick question pepperj: which coil(s) do you use with the Deus? (Sorry if you've said this elsewhere and I didn't see it).
- Brian

I got the 9" Elliptical HF 2 yrs ago-the big coil hasn't been on the end of the rod since. I can hear a .22 casing at 6 inches no problem when running it in the mid 70 kHz.
Here's an interesting review on the coil, turning down the sensitivity has me wanting to go back into some of the heavy iron fields to see what comes out. (The ones that beep every inch or two)

http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/xp-deus-hf-elliptical-coil-review/

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I finally got the detector back-missing is the bolt/nut 1 washer to connect the HF coil and the shaft? :icon_scratch:
I don't know if I sent it or not along with the detector-nor can I find it (need to dig deeper into this mystery.)
Anyways I will see if the pinpointer connects up, if new version 5.25 from the original is any different.
It's kind of cool seeing the new ear pads on the headphones-instead of the green painters tape.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally got the detector back-missing is the bolt/nut 1 washer to connect the HF coil and the shaft? :icon_scratch:
I don't know if I sent it or not along with the detector-nor can I find it (need to dig deeper into this mystery.)
Anyways I will see if the pinpointer connects up, if new version 5.25 from the original is any different.
It's kind of cool seeing the new ear pads on the headphones-instead of the green painters tape.

The latest firmware version is 5.21. You can get a replacement set of coil hardware (2 bolts and fastners) for about $5 plus shipping in a pinch.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The latest firmware version is 5.21. You can get a replacement set of coil hardware (2 bolts and fastners) for about $5 plus shipping in a pinch.

Ah yes your correct on the version #, I just guessed at the #. I found the bolt and fastener in Deus box, so all is well now.
Did notice a change in the settings some what in regard to the Freq.
If I recall on the HF coil use to be 14/28/74 for the elliptical for some reason now its 14/36./74
Then again it is possible for settings might have been changed while in for repairs/upgrades.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah yes your correct on the version #, I just guessed at the #. I found the bolt and fastener in Deus box, so all is well now.
Did notice a change in the settings some what in regard to the Freq.
If I recall on the HF coil use to be 14/28/74 for the elliptical for some reason now its 14/36./74
Then again it is possible for settings might have been changed while in for repairs/upgrades.

Glad you found the hardware.

Weird - the default for the middle HF frequency is 28.8, it should only be adjustable up to 31.3.

Here are all the HF coil (both 9" round and 9.5" elliptical) frequency channels and adjustment ranges:

Channel 14K 13.3K 13.6K 14.0K 14.4K 14.8K 15.2K 15.6K (both HF coils)
Channel 28K 26.6K 27.3K 28.0K 28.8K 29.6K 30.4K 31.3K (both HF coils)
Channel 54K 50.0K 51.2K 52.6K 54.0K 55.5K 57.1K 58.8K (9" round)
Channel 80K 68.3K 70.1K 72.0K 74.0K 76.1K 78.4K 80.8K (9.5" elliptical)

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I went to this heavy iron site that i have been hitting for 7yrs now. Went lower sensitivity 87, Fast, 0 disc. 74K. nothing.
Then I turned it up to 96, -max disc, 31.3, then back to 74K and I dug 12 targets out of the heavy iron. Each target was with at least 2-5 bits of nails/wire but it still picked it out.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m the same way ..I always wait till the last moment on sending the detector back for repair..Happy to hear that you got it back and hope that silver and gold is awaiting you

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m the same way ..I always wait till the last moment on sending the detector back for repair..Happy to hear that you got it back and hope that silver and gold is awaiting you
Thanks Bill
I have never dug any gold at a celler/homestead site.
Used to get a bit when I hit parks, but that was many years,ago.
Silver is rare enough it seems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread