Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
had 2 boats, a 20ft named "Bounty Hunter" that I sold and a 24ft "steiger craft" type that I still have. i built it on a bare hull and called it "Black Cloud" black cloud was a tribute to my best friend and his father that died in 1992, their scuba equipment company was called Black Cloud scuba

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Still working on mine, building out of wood, to get to those hard to reach hunting spots, will be called "Non Ferrous".

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Well ... the craft I had moored on the Great Lakes was Whale Spout. My godfather worked in insurance, and his brother had a law firm. (Great hand me down suits) The firms boat was larger than mine, just under 100' at the water line, 95?. I am pretty sure named - Grand Illusion. For sure I recall the bedrooms were all named as state rooms, Allstate, State Farm, etc :) Now my cousin fancied that his boat was fast, so he hand painted 12 foot dragons on the sides, on the stern was MYREARIS. No vanity for my current fishing rig :D

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A boat must be at least 27' before it is eligible for a name.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A boat must be at least 27' before it is eligible for a name.

A registered name sure. Anybody can put a name on a smaller boat. I believe it has to weigh over 5 tons to be registered. I had a 18' Chris Craft I took the floor out of and took out all the foam. I put swim noodles in its place and put in a new floor and fiber-glassed it in. My friends called it Noodles.

I gave it to my daughter for Christmas and bought an 18' Mirage Rampage and a 230 Sea Ray Sundancer. Neither are named yet.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A registered name sure. Anybody can put a name on a smaller boat. I believe it has to weigh over 5 tons to be registered. I had a 18' Chris Craft I took the floor out of and took out all the foam. I put swim noodles in its place and put in a new floor and fiber-glassed it in. My friends called it Noodles.

I gave it to my daughter for Christmas and bought an 18' Mirage Rampage and a 230 Sea Ray Sundancer. Neither are named yet.

Nice boat.

BTW, I wasn't referring to any legal registration requirements for a named vessel, I was just giving my opinion. Any boat that is trailered should not have a name. My boats have all been trailered, and never got a name. I just didn't think it was appropriate, but I know a lot of people name small boats.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
81712d1249320891-trailering-big-boat-dasea-37.jpg

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
My Son In Law and Daughter asked me last December if I wanted to go in Half for a Boat. I haven't fished in over 30 years. I said yes and then we Pre-ordered a New 2016 Carolina Skiff, it arrived in January 2016. Mt Daughter got to Name the Boat and it is Named Lucky Kim, she catches all the fish. I am hoping to use it to check Coastal Waters for Metal Detecting , but I have been turned down by ? ? The Department of Natural Wildlife, Department of Natural Resources. ( something along those Names ) I was planning on useing Boat 3.JPG Boat 2.JPG Boat 9.JPG Boat 8.JPG Boat 1.JPG it in the Charleston,South Carolina area I haven't even been on the Boat and its June 2016, It's paid for

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
My Son In Law and Daughter asked me last December if I wanted to go in Half for a Boat. I haven't fished in over 30 years. I said yes and then we Pre-ordered a New 2016 Carolina Skiff, it arrived in January 2016. Mt Daughter got to Name the Boat and it is Named Lucky Kim, she catches all the fish. I am hoping to use it to check Coastal Waters for Metal Detecting , but I have been turned down by ? ? The Department of Natural Wildlife, Department of Natural Resources. ( something along those Names ) I was planning on useing View attachment 1330738 View attachment 1330739 View attachment 1330740 View attachment 1330742 View attachment 1330743 it in the Charleston,South Carolina area I haven't even been on the Boat and its June 2016, It's paid for

Nice looking rig.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've been through several..I never named a freshwater boat so these all are since my return to the state of my birth. :)
Deluxe - My first boat in Florida- a 28' 1998 LA Marine go fast center console catamaran. 50 mph on 2 125 Mercs.
Our long gone but not forgotten 19' Carolina Skiff mullet boat named "The Ghetto Skiff".
Present dig boat....26' 1965 diesel inboard Stamas named Carib with a 32" blower. She is getting repowered with a +/- 300 HP Cummins in a few weeks.
The new-to-us Caribbean Treasure Salvors mothership - 1982 38' Bertram Convertible III w/ 3208 Cats - ShowDown.
The 1985 18' aluminum Starcraft I put a floor in today which was owned by a couple of A-10 pilots and painted like an A-10...the Warthog.
and last but hopefully not least, the 1998 ProLine 190 Sportsman w/115 Merc power I picked up last week to use this summer as an anchor/survey/pizza fetching boat which is so far unadorned with even a nickname...any ideas?
...and my wife says I am a boat addict...pffft!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mine will be called
Shakira, Britney, Camilla, and the Corr's man

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk about money, I saw a racing boat on TV named "Cause For Divorce".

Rüdiger

Feb 15, 2016
Sweden
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boat is called "Sonaris", 5,40m short and specially equipped to search with the Sidescansonar.

Desktop2.jpg

mvh
Rüdiger

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
She's never had a name on her. Always thought Raconteur would be a good name... There was an old Nat Geo video about the Atocha where Capt. Tony referred to Mel as a raconteur

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My husband and I own a Champion Bay Boat, strictly for fishing reds in the marshes in Delacroix to Grand Isle, LA. Fished many a tournaments in the area. I never forget two older ladies that owned boats, the names on the boats read "Diamond Lil" the other was "Rich Bi--h", ours is "Mac Attack".

Another complete boat story. Every year, the "Tickfaw 200" is hosted on our 2 rivers. This is a poker run consisting of some very, very expensive cigarette/power boats. These owners come from all over the country to participate. Our little 1 light town is bombarded by the arrival of boats some pulled by 18 wheeler cabs. I live up Blood River so they don't come up in here, the river is not wide enough for them to turn around. But, when they running on Tickfaw River, we can hear the roaring. The poker runs are all for a good cause, raising money for the police department, fire department and other organizations. Here's a video of last year's run. Plus this year's logo. Tickfaw 200 | Blood River Marina

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread