Need Help/Info on Admarility Filing for New Wreck past 3 miles

Mar 21, 2010
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse
Hello treasure community out there. I have seen and read many topics on this site and figured give it a shot on posting a topic to which I have Great interest in. I have been fortunate and privy enough to be let in on some information that pertains to a virgin wreck off the east coast of Florida out past 3 miles. There are certain artifacts that have come up, to cofirm there is a wreck there with much ship wreckage. I am under the impression that it is easier to obtain a lease from the Federal government than it is to get one from the State of Florida, is this true and where do I start out to get info and file for the lease. Once this is complete than I can start to raise funds for this salvage operation that will one day give us many more clues of how these old ships sailed the, what they carried and whose lives they changed. So if anyone has any information that might be helpful to me and my team, I would appreciate it Greatly, Thanks for your time from a fellow salver!!!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard TreasureNet elusivesalvage! First I would search out a good Maritime attorney for proper legal advise and assistance is arresting the wreck. Once the wreck is yours, then you can do the whole investor thing if that's the route you want to go, or subcontract an already established salvage operation assist you in recovering the wreck, or do a combination of both. But in any case make sure that you have an attorney on your team to protect you.

Good luck! and let us know how it works out for ya.

Tom

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome elusive salvage. I concur with Tom. Get a well-establish maritime attorney, like David Horan (Mel Fisher's attorney). David sometimes will give you an initial consult if you'll call his office.

Make sure that no name is attached to the vessel, even if you think you know which ship it is. It should initially be called "Unknown Wooden Vessel" (or whatever "unknown" description fits) to prevent any outside disputes until you can absolutely verify its identity. This buys you time to explore and keeps you at arm's length from other claim jumpers.

All the best to you,
Darren

mohicanjoe

Feb 8, 2009
Nokomis
Detector(s) used
MineLab Xcalibur
Need help, just email me through the site. Have attorney, vessels, and equipment for entire salvage operation.

Joe

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Quick question before you get ahead of yourself. Is this vessel worth salvaging? Have you found anything that could make it worth your time and money? Have you got any ideas about the identity of the vessel? Just wondering.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Allen its been over 2 years since elusivesalvage posted this. Quick question. Do you think he will reply?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Salvor6 said:
Allen its been over 2 years since elusivesalvage posted this. Quick question. Do you think he will reply?

Pete, Be nice. Of course he will get back to him. If he's in Key West, I suspect that he still is having problems trying to figure out what to do. :icon_pirat: By the way, get your passport in order, I have a meeting tomorrow on that project.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread