Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Russians have hacked TNET..

Many more posts for 2010 will resurface, and only a few know why.

Soon we will know why. Trust me.

There will be attempts by the US Govt to intervene to no avail.

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Gotta jump in here.....can't resist it. I dived to 185 ft as a dive guide with guests twice a week for 2 years, I routinely go to 200 ft plus and have dived to 350 on air, with no issues because I planned and executed safely.

I understand the ROV situation but if you have a wreck at 200 to 300 ft, put a diver on it, it's a hundredth of the cost of an ROV that often breaks down and needs an operator and a bunch of unnecessary gear for those shallow depths.

By all means put in a percentage of helium to give a sensible EAD......( equivalent air depth)

Ps get stuffed Ag.

Last edited:

noluckyet

Greenie
Jun 1, 2017
Scotland
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah! just Like eveyone has advised Train,Train and Train! You may never attain the compitence needed to dive to those depths as most divers can't They don't have the skill and never will! I don't know why you would want to go that deep? You would need a good reason! So say you still want to do it 300'. Well that would be many years of dedecated training and a lot of money! So say you have a reason ie you want to hunt for treasure, well as a few of the guys have metioned you have very little bottom time before you pay massive decompression penalty! By far the majority of your will be decompression so your not going down there just to look around you need to locate the target that you want to find. This means research to sellect your possible location. So you have done this and you think you have a rough idea! Now this is where it gets expensive A good boat with magnatromiter and side scan sonar to locate your target by this time you would be with a like minded group of people to share the costs and and their experience and expertese very valuable. An ROV would be ideal to survey your targets to see if they are worth the risk of a dive and for it to be all for nothing! On diving gear for Again you will have to do further taining you see this crops up a lot with what everyone has told you, and this time it's for the use of Rebreathers as helium is very expensive and isn't widely available so you to transport to dive site as you may not be able to get it locally. when you go deep and breath helium you get cold very very cold so I would recomend a good dry suit at 300' it can be dark a very good torch would be needed. I hope I'm not crushing your dreams? All I am saying is this is target is a long way in the future with a lot of training dedication meeting the right people with the right experience, and yes this will get expensive. So good luck and I hope you safely reach your goal!

noluckyet

Greenie
Jun 1, 2017
Scotland
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So he could be already dead? I wrote a nice long answer hoping he'd put me in his will. 10 years hell maybe he's done it! Or maybe got married has kids and took up golf!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
12 years later....the guy is still getting advice.
I wonder how that worked out back in 2006...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread