Want to try Dowsing? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: Want to try Dowsing?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    1093 times

Re: Want to try Dowsing?

Hey Gldhntr....I hope you don't mind but I posted your reply #33 on my group site. I think some of them will be interest....Art

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1093 times

Hey Deacon. ..I have saw two rods spin. It has never happened to me but to a friend of mine. I have played around with one rod and found they were not as good for me as two rods.....Art

Dec 2004
    70 times

deacon, i have had two rods spin over target....i have found that with me, when two rods cross over target, if i ease up they will pass crossed position and when both are perfectly paralell pointing in opposite directions the rods are directly over target............................................ .....................
    art,, feel free to post any of my posts on any site you wish........on your post # 34 you said one rod was kind of slow turning,,,,i have found this to be caused by crossing the signal line at a slight angle...try going back and approach at a little different angle , and i think you will see when going straight across that both will swing with equal strength towards target........gldhntr

Dec 2004
    70 times

Some Basic Rules:

These are some basic rules which are a guide to beginners but still apply at all stages of the dowser?s career.

1/ Virtually all Dowsing is Seeking, Looking for Something. This must be appreciated and the mind focused in this direction at all times.

2/ Develop the Dowsing Sensitivity. Before a dowser is any good, it is necessary to develop a dowsing sensitivity. H/she must learn to cut out the brain and the five senses and allow the mind to reach out for the answer. You must practice a lot in your early days and in elementary dowsing work.

3/ Practice and Test. To develop 3 above, it is practice and more practice. For instance practice on know things. Dowse someone's well and check your results against those that are known ? that is how far down is the water and how deep is it?

4/ The Questions Asked Must be Clear, Correct and Appropriate to the Job in Hand. Think carefully and make a list of questions before you start.

5/ There Must be a Need to Know. It must be done for a specific task. Dowsing for a client, demonstrating the practice of dowsing ? but never to show off with ?What a good and clever boy or girl I am?.

6/ Have Confidence That Dowsing Works for You. This is essential, develop it, hang on to it, you will have failures but so what? - So many people say ?Oh yes it works for me, but I don?t think I?ll be any good? The answer to that is ?Oh ye of little faith? - get practising.

7/ It is Essential to Know the Background of the Field in Which You Are Working. If you want to do archaeological dowsing, get books from the library and learn the basic principles, this applies to anything, Psychic dowsing, any dowsing work.

8/ Be Bold in Application. Be prepared to take on anything even those which you haven?t tried before.

9/ Time. If there is a question of time, this must be taken into account. E.g., I want the height of the roof above floor level in the year 1250. Everything must relate to 1250 and it must be kept firmly in mind.

10/ Identification. If there are many objects similar to that which is being sought there must be some form of identification. Examples are lost children or animals. You are looking for a child, there are millions of children ? you should keep in mind ? I am looking for a European boy with ginger hair about ten years old etc.

11/ Preconceived Ideas ? Wishful Thinking. These are the biggest menaces in dowsing and the reason for most failures especially amongst the novice dowsers. Failure come about when you allow the brain and/or the five senses to intrude.

All dowsers, however skilled have to be cautious not to let this happen.

DOWSING IS NOT A MAGIC ART OR AN EXERCISE FOR THE ?BRAIN OF BRITAIN? TYPES.

IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE ANALYSED OR REASONED ABOUT.

IT IS THERE TO BE TAKEN ON TRUST ? TRUST THAT ANYONE CAN DEVELOP THE SKILL.

A LITTLE PATIENCE AND PRACTICE IS THE KEY.

IF YOU FEEL THAT IT COULD BE FOR YOU, DO NOT HESITATE, JUST GO FOR IT
    digman, RockRaven and lem49 like this.

Sep 2005

It has been some years since I looked in on treasurenet and I knew if Marc tried out dowsing it would work out. There is some very good advice on dowsing for beginners being posted here. I thought I would put in my pennies worth on dowsing for water. Beginners are complaining that they cannot dowse and find water. When professionally dowsing on farms for water in the 1980s I was always plagued by the enigma of brilliant dowsing results and some dry bores.

The drill would plunge through the outer calcite casing of the underground stream, through the blackish river grit and then through the whitish base of the underground pipe without a drop of water being present. After my last disaster of a dry bore I had a ( for me ) a brainwave..
    Dowsers can only find what they can picture. Can you find hydrogen or oxygen, no, neither can I.

I was dowsing the minute cavities in the river grit and obtaining a collective cavity signal.
    I switched over to imagining I was in a bath after obtaining a cavity signal, then if no pressure down below , no water. A lot of pressure meant a good bore, poor pressure meant salty water .

I was reading a newspaper soon after which had a reference to buried treasure and I realised I had been training myself forTreasure hunting as I have always been able to find the odd horse shoe or rifle barrel and now that I knew what a cavity signal was, I became a treasure trove hunter the same day.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1093 times

This has been a wild ride the last few weeks. A lot of facts to consider. It is easy to see that dowsing is not an exact science and works different for each of us. I think the way each of us use dowsing is controlled by our goals. What I consider to be treasure may be junk to someone else. The fact that it works still amazes me. Will all of this change the way I use dowsing ? I don't think so but I have received some helpful tips.........Art

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1093 times

Went to a birthday party yesterday. As the party was breaking up one of the kids had lost his car key. They were looking for it on the lawn with flashlights as they assumed he had lost it while playing volley ball. I checked the lawn with my rods and found no key. They called this morning as they had found the key in one of the bathrooms after all the flashlights batteries were dead.....Art

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1093 times

Good question's....The signal line should have extended out of house. The area I checked was east of the house about 70 feet and did include the part of the house where the key was found. I can only pick up signal lines when I am at one of the cardinal directions from the object and I was. I checked one of my key's and I can pick it up at 100 feet ( With of my back yard ). I will check that again when I have more room as the lenght of the signal line varies with the size and material of the object.

When looking for lost objects I try to get like materials and tape it to the rods or hold them in my hands with the rod handles. I have been lucky at finding lost objects but when I fail I make no excuses. I find that finding gold in the mountains is a lot easier than finding lost objects...Art

Dec 2004
    70 times

just some fun to prove to yourself dowsing works without you moving your hands because of what you see or ideomotor response........ have someone videotape this for your later veiwing pleasure,,,,sit in a chair in the yard with earplugs in your ears,,,,,, have your kid hold a target out in front of you a ways , and get a good lock on it with rods,, have someone slip a thick cloth bag over your head so you can not see.......now your photographer quietly instructs the kid to walk about 15-20 feet left, then right, back and forth, or ever how he wants to as long as he is going slow and staying more or less in front of you........if your results were like mine you will see your rods followed the target every where it went as long as not moving too fast.........if this test does nothing other than boost your belief system it is worth the time to do it........after doing this you will know you did not do anything to make the rods move other than to concentrate on your target.......................gldhntr

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1093 times

Hey....Just wanted to bring this thread back toward the top before it goes bye-bye into cyber-space....Art

Mar 2006
    Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
    ETRAC BABY
    25 times

Things that make you hmmm.... I was at my farm last weekend. I have a pipeline that runs through the middle of the property and was needing to find it so that I could put my fenceline up parrellel to it. I have dowsed water lines (an old biker showed me how). I found the gas pipeline and the both rods pointed in direction of flow. So I felt very comfortable that I had found it. WELL when my wife came out to check on me I showed her how I had found it and the rods began to cross about 20 feet from my marks and wouldnt point in the direction of flow anymore. I couldnt figure it out until I read your statement about dowsing being for a true reason, and that reason is not to show off. (that was what I was doing with out knowing it) I brought those rods back to Chicago with me and after some more reading my practicing will be begin in ernest.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1093 times

Hey tmanfromtexas..You will find that the rods will work for most everyone. I think you have found out why I say practice and then practice some more. I don't expect that everyones rods will react the same as mine. Some will say that you knew the pipe line was there. No big deal. I am only going to search for gold in places that my research shows me that it should be there. Going to be away from the computer for 3 to 7 days so good luck everyone...Art

Mar 2006
    Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
    ETRAC BABY
    25 times

That is my plan, practice practice practice. If you re going to the brush be careful. TMAN...

Jul 2007
    Spectrum XLT
    1 times

Dowsing can work for anyone, or not work.

Some things, buried power lines for one, a person can find without even trying, it's the magnetic field that will make the 'rods cross'. I have demonstrated this many times to folks.

Finding water, I am told involves the same principle really, I have never tried it.

I have used a pendulum to find lost items. It does work but takes a LOT of time and practice. don't think you are going to grab a pendulum, or dowsing rods, and in two days find the missing pirates treasure. Just like any other skill / profession / whatever you want to call it, it takes time and work to become proficient at it.

some days no matter how good you are, *or think you are* you are going to strike out, other days you will find what you seek.

I am not going to get into any deep hoodoo voodoo on why or how it works, as I do not feel myself qualified to make such statements but will just say. I have seen other people do it, and I have accomplished some small tasks myself. It CAN work if you work at it and give it a shot and most importantly believe in it's abilities and yourself.

Aaron
    If god meant for us not to swing a coil; He'd have made our arms shorter!

us
    Aug 2007
    FL
    Explor II, seamk
    3 times

AAron,

those's are the right words for dowsing: some people get it within months, some don't
    my self, I have found Spanish coins on a map, then went to the beach and dug up the next day.
    Dowsing is a Tool, not some quick get rich deal: you have learn how to use the tool first.
    all I know it's work for me, I have seen used in the Military from the late 80's to present day.
    a pendulum is the best way learn first.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links