What kind of rods are used ?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Was thinking about what I use to Dowse with. I have rods with nothing on the handles and swing rods that move freely, different materials and diameters. I have cut wood dowling at a 45 and glued them to make L-rods and bent plastic rod with heat to make L-rods. I have made rods 48 inches long and cut one inch at a time off of them. I found that they would close at 3 different lenghts when I stood on a coin. The wood and the plastic worked but was a little sluggest. It would be interesting to see what others use and have tested....Art

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
have tried welding rods, stainless steel stock, aluminum , coat hanger, brass, copper, but have always gone back to the old reliable flat, copper/silver alloy braizing rods with no handles, 19 1/2 inches long,,,,,,,,,seems to work best for me,,,,,,,the stainless steel worked too good, and would pick up on anything metal within a 1/2 mile, above and below ground,, although i hear some people are having some success with it......good to see a positive post on the subject,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gldhntr

joe

Jun 7, 2004
deacon said:
Braizing rods (not sure of the type), coat hangers with hollow pen shafts for handles, and copper wire stripped from a 12-2 electrical wire ( a bit soft, but it was available and worked to locate a junction box that was paved over). Positive is nice , but how long will it last?
I have tried dowsing for water and it works,now will someone teach me how to do
it on treasure haunting?i need input,thanks

joe

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
joe, check out aarthj's thread ''want to try dowsing''.....he gives you a place to start, several pointers and more info that will help you get started...........gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions