Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    2 times

Re: Putting the brakes on the skeptics

I use the astrological sign for an ironic meaning that has some meaning for me, not because I believe in astrology.
    "You should never take life too seriously....you are never going to get out alive." Van Wilder.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1813 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Libralabsoldier
    I use the astrological sign for an ironic meaning that has some meaning for me, not because I believe in astrology.
    Hey that's cool 8) I believe you.
    The only reason I went with "Goodyguy" is because of when I started a web site 15 years ago that gives away free goodies www.freegoodies4u.com and I signed up for my e-mail acct. "Goodieguy" was already taken, so I have been Goodyguy ever since.

Although I am a good guy, to me using the screen name "Goodyguy" probably comes off as sounding like I think I'm a goody goody or a goody two-shoes, However that is not the case, as I am no goody goody or a goody two-shoes!

GG~
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy
    Hey that's cool 8) I believe you.
    The only reason I went with "Goodyguy" is because of when I started a web site 15 years ago that gives away free goodies www.freegoodies4u.com and I signed up for my e-mail acct. "Goodieguy" was already taken, so I have been Goodyguy ever since.

Although I am a good guy, to me using the screen name "Goodyguy" probably comes off as sounding like I think I'm a goody goody or a goody two-shoes, However that is not the case, as I am no goody goody or a goody two-shoes!

GG~
    I'm a Libra as well, so I know where you're coming from, libralabsoldier.

As far as GoodyGuy, I didn't read a thing into your name. Makes sense to me!
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

trish76642

No one on here can change how any of the sckeptics on T-Net feel about dowsing.
    Even though i do believe in it, (because nothings impossible) i cant explain it, i wouldnt even try. Im not gonna question something i dont know the first thing about.

Instead of waisting all that energy questioning, why not just do your own research on the matter if your that interested?

Find a real Dowser and let him show you.

aarthrj3811 is a good place to start. I just read one of his post on dowsing. He's so passionate about the technique that he's gone out of his way to explain every little detail. I found it very interesting.

If you dont believe in it, so be it! Thats your prerogative. No one hates you for it.

Im just say'n.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Ive' noticed that the brakes have NOT been put on the skeptics.

I DO believe dowsers go out and find water and oil...

I am skeptical about the rest of it here except I kinda lean towards trusting Art and his map dowsing skills... interesting stuff.

But the "brakes remain off" and I'd like to see the original poster return and reply.

us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    2 times

It is not about believing or disbelieving.....it is about evidence and reproducibility. Anyone can use a metal detector. There is technique involved, sure...but even if you just randomly wave the MD over metal, you will find it.

I have spoken with many card readers, psychics, and yes, even a couple of dowsers...they seem to be full of more excuses than results. There is always some reason why their particular "gifts" do not work when they are watched.
    "You should never take life too seriously....you are never going to get out alive." Van Wilder.

trish76642

Yeah, well to tell the truth, if they couldnt do it while i watched them, then i'd have to question their ability also.

Surely a true dowser isnt like that. Heck if i know.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1813 times

It is not about believing or disbelieving.....it is about evidence and reproducibility. Anyone can use a metal detector. There is technique involved, sure...but even if you just randomly wave the MD over metal, you will find it.

I have spoken with many card readers, psychics, and yes, even a couple of dowsers...they seem to be full of more excuses than results. There is always some reason why their particular "gifts" do not work when they are watched.
    You know I have witnessed those same peculiarities, It causes me to wonder if there is perhaps some type of energy emitted by "watchers" that could negatively affect the outcome. Not unlike an electrical interference causing a metal detector to not operate properly.

After all, both methods are dependent on an energy frequency. Doesn't it makes sense that the *dowsing method would be the most sensitive to energy variation?

*I am talking about dowsing for other than water which is so easy almost anyone can do.

GG~

~Diggin The Adventure~

trish76642

Have you ever dowsed GG?

Where would one get dowsing rods?

Do you have to make them?

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    1813 times

Quote Originally Posted by ~trish~
    Have you ever dowsed GG?

Where would one get dowsing rods?

Do you have to make them?
    Hi Trish,

I still consider myself to be a novice dowser, I have been practicing for about a year and am able to find a gold nugget that my wife hides for me to practice dowsing for.
    I have been learning a lot from Art and Dell and Mike by reading their posts and have had some personal instruction through PM's

Lately I have been practicing dowsing for diamonds as I have taken on a mission to help find a lost,one and a half caret diamond that came out of an engagement ring.
    I found that by tapeing a real diamond to one of the rods that it's easier for me to find the diamond hidden by my wife for practice.

You can read about my diamond quest here. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,231148.0.html

I made my own rods and below is a pic of my dowsing equipment.

GG~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my gear.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	20977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my gear.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	291934  
    ~Diggin The Adventure~

us
    Jan 2007
    Mountain View, OK
    Garrett Ace 250
    2 times

This sounds suspiciously like faith healers blaming the person who wants to be healed for the failure of a faith healing...you know, when their faith is not strong enough?

Still no sign of the OP, but the view count is going up. perhaps he is lurking.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    1813 times

This sounds suspiciously like faith healers blaming the person who wants to be healed for the failure of a faith healing...you know, when their faith is not strong enough?

Still no sign of the OP, but the view count is going up. perhaps he is lurking.
    Like when science thought that bleeding someone was a good idea...You know, to let the bad blood out.

Believe me....a lot of what we now think is scientific fact....will be looked back on from our future and be laughed about.

I am not ready to dismiss something that has been successfully used for thousands of years just because I don't understand it.

Maybe one day science will evolve enough to be able to explain the mechanism that is responsible for metaphysical phenomenon.

Until then I am going with faith brought about by seeing something work for me. even though I can not explain it scientifically.

GG~
    ~Diggin The Adventure~

us
    Apr 2006
    Indian Harbor Beach
    7 times

I have shown the attached picture before, and everyone can draw their on conclusions. The pendulums shown are a part of the production that was on going for over five years. There were at least three people (myself included), averaging about 300 units a week. You do the math. If pendulum dowsing did not work, how could we have stayed in business?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PendulumDisplay2.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	20978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PendulumDisplay2.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	291936  
    " Him cheat him friend of his last guinea,
    Him kill both friar and priest- O dear!
    Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny,
    Bloody, bloody buccaneer."

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    22 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Folks are experimenting at the rate of 300 units per week?

Do you have repeat customers?

I dunno.

Folks by LRLs too... they keep selling... as seen in the back of comic books and treasure magazines as long as I can rememer!

us
    Apr 2006
    Indian Harbor Beach
    7 times

MJ
    No, that was 300 units X 3 piece workers per week for FIVE years.
    " Him cheat him friend of his last guinea,
    Him kill both friar and priest- O dear!
    Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny,
    Bloody, bloody buccaneer."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors