Good argument...,

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
if we want to know the color of white, we must understand the color of black... If someone posted about dowsing and provided his own account how he achieved his results, the best argument to disprove it, is by providing detailed, supported arguments so it may not look just a plain antagonistic action. These people have spent time to satisfy their curiosity, and if even we do not accept his results, at least, in negating his argument, facts should or must be presented to support our argument.

Angel

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i have posted several peices of credible evidence although there are some too short sighted to see it.............just wondering, do you fellows ever actually treasure hunt or does your hobby only include dowser bashing ??/ ..................gldhntr

Z

ZumbroKid

gldhntr said:
i have posted several peices of credible evidence although there are some too short sighted to see it.............just wondering, do you fellows ever actually treasure hunt or does your hobby only include dowser bashing ??/? ? ?..................gldhntr
I think some of them do hunt they post pictures of their finds. ;)

OP
OP
A

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
As I understand, the purpose of dowsing is for treasure hunting. In treasure hunting, either you use a metal detector, a dowsing instrument or combination of both; to find valuable material by using either or both method. If one find a precious metal, using dowsing, isn't it a proof to one's self that his instrument is worth its salt? If he uses a metal detector, isn't a person happy because the price OF IT is also worth against its find? If he uses both and find precious metal, is he not the center of envy by those who just talk without proving anything? When the wright brothers said that they will fly a plane, the SCIENTIST, SKEPTICS AND UNBELIEVERS just laugh... 1. because the brothers are not engineers, 2. not a scientist, 3. not a physicist, but bycyle repairmen. Now who have the last laugh? Logic is simple, How much did i find using these instruments? ... How much a person find using his argument?...

Angel

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
probably blackmiller, as most of the arguements on the dowsing threads are mostly from his constant childish instigation............................................gldhntr

Z

ZumbroKid

BlackMiller? No it couldn't be, could it? This would be too good to be true. Old so and so was my favorite poster in these threads. I have to watch this thread more closely! ;)

Z

ZumbroKid

Well i did notice with him gone there seems to be just as much argueing going on if not more. It seems sort of like the king dying and all the contenders and pretenders vieing for the throne. Me I'm just the court Jester! If ya need to know anthing just ask me. ;)

T

tallpaul

apart from my detector the only accessory i need is my shovel LOL.

K

Kentucky Kache

SWR said:
angel_09 said:
... If someone posted about dowsing and provided his own account how he achieved his results, the best argument to disprove it...

You do not have to "disprove" something that has not been proven. That is pretty black and white? ;)

"Skepticism is a provisional approach to claims. It is the application of reason to any and all ideas — no sacred cows allowed. In other words, skepticism is a method, not a position. Ideally, skeptics do not go into an investigation closed to the possibility that a phenomenon might be real or that a claim might be true. When we say we are “skeptical,” we mean that we must see compelling evidence before we believe."
So, you would have told Columbus that he couldn't have the ship. Thanks to you we would still be bowing to a king.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread