Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
During WWII, German submariner prisoners were kept in over 43 POW camps in Colorado. Do to the remoteness of the areas, the hard winters and rough terrain not many tried to escape.

They were paid to help plant and harvest crops and other farm & ranch chores. In 1945 they were required to be returned to Germany but a few returned to marry local women they met while farming.

The top portion of this map was for enlisted men and included barracks for the men. I don't have any hard info on the number of POWs housed there. There is a parking area on the south end near the road. That building foundation is still visible on the ground.

Across the road, on the south side were lodgings for German Officers and the US Guards and commander(s).

Many other POW sites housed thousands of prisoners but they were all bulldozed after 1945. THis particular site was missed somehow and the ground is rich with iron findings, nails, building materials, etc.

This area, close to the Wyoming border, was heavily trafficked by Indians as well as Ancients and possibly others for thousands of years, as a route to warmer climes, hunting grounds and wintering quarters. And nearby are battle sites between the US Cavalry and Indian tribes. Plenty activity in the area.

I have not developed any dowsing skills that I can see. So could one of you map dowsers see what you read into that area? To my knowledge there have been no detecting on this site except by myself. Thanks in advance.......... :)
BB

Attachments

• POWcamp.jpg
    POWcamp.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 767

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey BuffaloBob..I am finding lost Silver Coins in on area..Art

Attachments

• POWcamp.jpg
    POWcamp.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • pow 2.jpg
    pow 2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,144
OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Hey BuffaloBob..I am finding lost Silver Coins in on area..Art"

Art thanks. I will change coils from my tab-top coil to my silver coil. :)
BB

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi BuffaloBob,
My dowse revealed that in or in the vicinity of the:
Red circle: Weapon.
Blue circle: Individual silver coins.
Yellow circle: Brass item.

Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• tnetbbobPOWcampdowsed.jpg
    tnetbbobPOWcampdowsed.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 915
OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jon thank you. As soon as the snow and mud are gone I will be checking these areas carefully. I see you also use a bobber plus other devices. Can I ask how or where you trained yourself with those tools?
BB

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBob said:
Jon thank you. As soon as the snow and mud are gone I will be checking these areas carefully. I see you also use a bobber plus other devices. Can I ask how or where you trained yourself with those tools?
BB

You are welcome!
I was familiar with angle rods for a number of years but used them mostly for locating underground utilities and survey markers. I soon found out these instruments had a horizontal range.
Before the internet came out I read books by Fred Stewart, Russ Simmons, Ernie Andrews and Bill Cox.
I am also good friends with Louis Matacia. Their information is still helpful and with all the other help available via the internet a person nowadays can really get a variety of viewpoints and feedback from others as to what works for them. It reduces the learning curve to a more manageble level.
If I were to start out now as a new person to dowsing at my learning rate I could bring a years worth of study down to about 4 months. A person has to figure out what works for their particular needs.
After all this reading and experimenting, I was able to get a routine down that worked for me.
One of the most important aspects of dowsing is getting correct feedback from your practice sessions.
Some of this can be accomplished on your own when you are learning how the instruments react to your yes/no inquiries. The other part of successful feedback is having someone hide objects for you to locate.
Hope this helps,
Jon

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
QuantumSequitur said:
Hello...would anyone be willing to share the GPS coordinates for this POW camp? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rob

PM sent....................
BB

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
teleprospector said:
BuffaloBob said:
BB

You are welcome!
I was familiar with angle rods for a number of years but used them mostly for locating underground utilities and survey markers. I soon found out these instruments had a horizontal range.
Before the internet came out I read books by Fred Stewart, Russ Simmons, Ernie Andrews and Bill Cox.
I am also good friends with Louis Matacia. Their information is still helpful and with all the other help available via the internet a person nowadays can really get a variety of viewpoints and feedback from others as to what works for them. It reduces the learning curve to a more manageble level.
If I were to start out now as a new person to dowsing at my learning rate I could bring a years worth of study down to about 4 months. A person has to figure out what works for their particular needs.
After all this reading and experimenting, I was able to get a routine down that worked for me.
One of the most important aspects of dowsing is getting correct feedback from your practice sessions.
Some of this can be accomplished on your own when you are learning how the instruments react to your yes/no inquiries. The other part of successful feedback is having someone hide objects for you to locate.
Hope this helps,
Jon

Jon I just bought the BASIC DOWSING SCHOOL MATERIALS, which includes a printed manual ( whom Bill Cox is a contributor), bobber, L-Rods, Bobber Rod and flexible V-Rod.
http://dowsers.org/bookstore/

The adventure begins. I had previously downloaded "Letter To Robin: A Mini Course In Pendulum Dowsing"
http://www.lettertorobin.org/Home.html which I really enjoyed. Recommended for all new comers.

Thanks to you good folks for the time, effort and patience you show to new Dowsers. :)
BB

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBob said:
teleprospector said:
BuffaloBob said:
BB

You are welcome!
Hope this helps,
Jon

Jon I just bought the BASIC DOWSING SCHOOL MATERIALS, which includes a printed manual ( whom Bill Cox is a contributor), bobber, L-Rods, Bobber Rod and flexible V-Rod.
http://dowsers.org/bookstore/

The adventure begins. I had previously downloaded "Letter To Robin: A Mini Course In Pendulum Dowsing"
http://www.lettertorobin.org/Home.html which I really enjoyed. Recommended for all new comers.

Thanks to you good folks for the time, effort and patience you show to new Dowsers. :)
BB

Hi Bob,
Great choice. Glad to hear of your progress. Look forward to hearing more from you.
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread