Pic of my property

binder

Greenie
Mar 5, 2011
I have some suspicions of an old, old farmstead on this property and was interested in having you all give it a try if you would. I am getting a MD pretty soon to go over some suspected areas so I'm interested in what you all think. I know this is my first post on this site but it's my interest and suspicions that are prompting me to get a metal detector. Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• property.jpg
    property.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 384
OP
OP
B

binder

Greenie
Mar 5, 2011
How about a larger area?

Attachments

• 2008property.jpg
    2008property.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 365

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Silver Coins in a metal pot 2 feet deep under a pile of rocks

Attachments

• 2008property[1].jpg
    2008property[1].jpg
    104 KB · Views: 340
OP
OP
B

binder

Greenie
Mar 5, 2011
I will take pictures when I get out there. I'm amazed and perplexed how you did that. I didn't give the area for a reason but I have had this suspicion of an old farmstead based on a few piles of rocks in that EXACT area. The piles of rocks don't fit the area or surroundings and that fed my suspicion. The piles are all within a 15 ft area so it made me think it was an old foundation or walls. You couldn't have nailed the area better and to add the pile of rocks bit makes my head hurt.

Can a guy make some rods and walk the area and pinpoint the area? I'm sure there's more to it but a metal detector isn't going to find it 2ft. deep. Incidentally, the depth you indicated corresponds to this soil and the drainage considering the timeline of when I have suspected that this possible farmstead existed. There is a lot of silting in this area and the area you pinpointed is a low lying area that would get a lot of silt.

Thanks again!! If I find something I'll post up. Going out tonight.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yellow circles are not foundations, but some kind of stone from primitive culture...perhaps chips or maybe used to grid meal, could be some stone relics too.

Red circles where I got foundation signals.

Attachments

• 2008property-map1.jpg
    2008property-map1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 2008property-mapX_1.jpg
    2008property-mapX_1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 308
OP
OP
B

binder

Greenie
Mar 5, 2011
Very interesting. You all have definitely nailed the area of interest on my property. You all that dowse....do you use a metal detector at all or do you only dowse for this stuff?

Red.....you indicate a few things that have piqued my interest and showed the rock or artifacts in an area that kind of overlooks the creek. It's all grown in and there is no visible rock or any outcroppings of rock of any kind. Do you hazard to guess a depth of these things? It's actually an area I was wanting to put a small blind or hunting cabin because of the way it overlooks the bottom ground and there is a lot of game travel there.

Don't suppose you all can determine the age or timeframe of these things. Thought I'd ask as you seem to be able to gleen a lot of information that I wouldn't guess that you would be able to. How about the old foundation. I suspect that it was a sod house or log type from the lack of remains.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, it might be just arrowheads...since game animals are there, could have been used as hunting grounds. Then places like that also could have been used for ceremonies. There is or used be websites about rock piles used by Native Americans. I'd have to do a search first to see if those sites are still around. Sometimes referred to as a "sanctuary in the woods".

The red Xs I got about 2 feet deep, except one 3 ft depth. I thought at first they were caches, started checking to make sure the signals were not coins in old cellar holes. I get treasure, but want to be sure, if caches or not. Any placer gold on your property?

I have some metal detectors, you don't just walk into a city park and dig holes. Having a detector allows the treasure hunting activity in such places. You can dowse the spots your detector beeps before digging. I've used dowsing to pinpoint beeps instead of pushing the pinpoint button on the detector.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Hi Binder;

I'd eat a hand full of rocks to get targets at 2-3 ft. Mine seem to be 8+.

These guys aren't just good, amazing is a better word.

I have a Minelab Sovereign with a butterfly coil that will hit a drink can at 4 ft and blow your ears off. See if you can find one. If not see if they make a butterfly coil for yours. I think 5-6 is going to be the limit. And the container is going to come into play as well.

Good luck. LT

OP
OP
B

binder

Greenie
Mar 5, 2011
rockhound said:
I am getting a strong reading on the lower right, where the inside bend in the tree line meets the field. rockhound

That is where there was an old cattle catch pen. There is wire all over the place and an old concrete feed or watering bunk. I did check that area out but didn't really find much but wire and an old time "high lift" type jack. What type of reading are you getting?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Binder,
My dowse revealed that in or in the vicinity of the blue circles are small silver coin caches.
Orange square I picked up on copper items. Items that came to mind were copper cooking pots, spear points and tools. The orange circle is a prominent copper signal.
Yes I use metal detectors to search for dowsed items.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• tnetbinderdowsed.jpg
    tnetbinderdowsed.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 186

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread