Quote from Sam "Lobo" Wolfe

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I took a dowsing class from Sam "Lobo" Wolfe in 1974 and he was pretty good. Also, his wife Alma was a great dowser too.
Rich

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not describe myself as a dowser but I can dowse. I just find it painfully slow and unreliable. Kind of like the absolute last resort. I use MFD-type equipment and would have given up completely if not for the MFD's.

This summer we were at a prospecting gathering and some guy started his dredge and the fill cap on his water pump went flying in the creek as soon as he started the engine. Eight people spent a half hour searching for the cap and everyone gave up. I had been working another area but decided to come help find it as the dredge was useless without it. I got out my L-rod and got a line out to near where the hose was in the creek but the water was ice cold and I did not feel like getting wet. So I stopped right there and just looked. I couldn't see anything because of the ripples on the water and was about to give up when I looked down right at my feet and saw two threads partially sticking up out of the sand in shallow water. This took me about two minutes to find it.

Al Rossmiller showed me Lobo's techniques and then a guy back East loaned me a copy of his magazines. It's shocking when I read something I have known about from my years of experience that matches Lobo almost word for word.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Signal Line,
I have also found my dowsing to be a little weak in my beginning years. Lobo's class really sped up dowsing for me and then
MFD's sped me up a lot more. Getting proficient requires a bit of time spent (at least for me). I have known people who became
excellent dowsers in less time than it took me to learn how to swim. Must be a natural talent for some.
It is great that you could dowse down a fill cap without an MFD or a witness. Those kind of confidence inspiring moments have
really sped along my dowsing.
Congratulations,
Rich

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
i also took sam's class in mid seventies. one thing he taught was to look for '' lost rays '', that is if something is lost. at that time i had a Carl Anderson antennae rod. after hurricane Frederic i lost a little piece of plastic off my chainsaw while cuttin up an oak tree that the wind blew down. i looked for a while and gave up, until i remembered my antennae rod. i got it out and concentrating on the plastic piece and lost rays i got a direction from two different spots. then i got down on my hands and knees looking and found it in about a one foot circle of the dowsed area. i don't remember now what the plastic piece was for but i had to have it to keep going. it was very small too. well Treasurefinder and Signal Line,
maybe the lost rays will work for you too. good luck, !0claw

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
I am meeting with some dowser friends this evening. There is a missing person we will try and locate. The terrain is rugged,
hopefully we can do some real good.
Rich

Groves

Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Various LRLs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not describe myself as a dowser but I can dowse. I just find it painfully slow and unreliable. Kind of like the absolute last resort. I use MFD-type equipment and would have given up completely if not for the MFD's.

First chance you get; could you describe in 1000 words or less how using your MFD and an L-rod is NOT dowsing?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
One device produces an electronic signal and the other picks up the natural signals produced by objects ….Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost all skeptics are pretty much failures when it comes to using an L-rod. Most attempted to use one and immediately produce a litany of excuses. This has been discussed over a thousand times on the forums. I like to compare it to Lott's wife in Sodom and Gomorrah. She looked back after being told not to do so and turned into a pillar of salt. This is exactly what the skeptics do--they try to get a peak. That's the control freak in them. You know, that is immaturity.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Good call Signal Line,
Most skeptics won't even take the time to honestly try some L-Rods over a hose with water running through it. They will just leave
the loot for us.
Rich

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I do not describe myself as a dowser but I can dowse. I just find it painfully slow and unreliable. Kind of like the absolute last resort."

Some of us use dowsing, if we had to pick between dowsing and electronic equipment, I'd not hesitate to go with only straight dowsing. In fact, that is the only way for me right now.

Last edited:

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
Sam Wolfe and his wife Alma were two of the finest people that ever lived in this realm. As a dowsing instructor Sam was one of the best but in his class's and the books he wrote he would bring you to a certain point and from there you had to practice and practice to become a finished dowser. All the answers are in his books for you to read and learn if you walk with God.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions