1800s Robbery

Farmhunter

Sep 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1800's Robbery

Would anyone mind dowsing this map for me? I'm tracking down money from an 1800's robbery, and this appears to be the site of the farm it was buried on. I've found a few loose gold and silver coins so far, but I expect the main hoard is still waiting to be found.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 158

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The cache is buried in a suit case with metal hinges between 1 and 2 foot deep..No clues as tom its location....Art

map.png

OP
OP
F

Farmhunter

Sep 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

If it helps, here's a closer (albeit older) image of the highlighted location. The two sheds have been gone for about five years and the area is completely overgrown, but there is an old fence line dating back to the time of the robbery, so it's likely one of the posts was a marker.

I'm heading out there in the morning, so I'll be sure to report back if I find anything.

map2.png

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Farmhunter,
Dowsing revealed an attraction to gold and silver coins in the areas of the white circles....more silver than gold.
Thanks for posting your picture.
Jon
mapdowsed.png

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

If it helps, here's a closer (albeit older) image of the highlighted location. The two sheds have been gone for about five years and the area is completely overgrown, but there is an old fence line dating back to the time of the robbery, so it's likely one of the posts was a marker.

I'm heading out there in the morning, so I'll be sure to report back if I find anything.

View attachment 861743

Any news?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread