need help please

Nick nolen

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dowsed coins on a map,in pics and on site. My detector quit working last trip, can someone confirm this before I dig the last foot. Thank you. today 063.jpg today 065.jpg today 067.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the red circle on the left for loose coins, but only could be down to 1-2 feet depth max. Right circle same depth, but zooming in you see a large flat rock, if anything would be under the rock.

Attachments

• today 063-Nick nolen.jpg
    today 063-Nick nolen.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
N

Nick nolen

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking Red desert and okiedowser. I had dowsed this on a map and when I got to the spot their were signs pointing to this spot and another. I used a pend. and I am still getting a hit,would I be getting hot rocks? Thanks again

OP
OP
N

Nick nolen

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is pulling towards the target then circles over it. no I don't have gold. I found this with rods it was under the big rock I moved it and dowsed again same hit. There is a story behind this and when I got to it signs pointed to it and another spot close. the rods showed 3 feet down

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is pulling towards the target then circles over it. no I don't have gold. I found this with rods it was under the big rock I moved it and dowsed again same hit. There is a story behind this and when I got to it signs pointed to it and another spot close. the rods showed 3 feet down
What kind of signs pointing? If you are talking about treasure signs and carved rocks, these usually give signals underneather because the ground was excavated some to remove other stones or prepared in some way. Also objects often are buried near them.

In gold mining areas, placer gold will collect around and under large rocks. Miners who dowse and excavate, like to find large boulders deep in the ground, gold in paying quaties can be recovered that way.

Last edited:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

can't help you on mental dowsing,i load mine with gold......you can play with some real target.....its be pushing away not pulling.

OP
OP
N

Nick nolen

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had pend. dowsed this on a map looking for caches I got 2 hits close together so I went to the site and I found a carved horse .owl, and a carved tree .After taking pics I dowsed with the rods and got the hit. the rods said it was 3feet down, could it be gone and I am picking up that it was there? I need to get another detector

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had pend. dowsed this on a map looking for caches I got 2 hits close together so I went to the site and I found a carved horse .owl, and a carved tree .After taking pics I dowsed with the rods and got the hit. the rods said it was 3feet down, could it be gone and I am picking up that it was there? I need to get another detector
From my experience on carved rocks and trees, most of these sites give some kind of signal you can pick up (even if caches are gone). You probably need to take a good look at the site and study it. Check metal detecting for any metal objects around the area of the carvings.

I've had treasure hunters tell me they found around carved rocks, some metal objects detecting hole dug at marked spots on photos. A couple objects found at a certain site once, were bullet pendulums and even a gold pendulum. This particular site, stories about it said the people who made the caches, put gold at 4 corners out away from caches to throw off dowsers. Treasure hunters knew about the metal objects associated, but none had ever seen them before now. A hoop with length of wire, a bullet on the end pointing in a direction. Next area of carved stones, found objects started to be types of pendulums.

I think most Spanish and KGC use iron objects (from what I've heard) with notches for distance and it's not recommended to remove them, just leave in the ground.

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nick,Dowsing revealed an attraction to silver coins and clad in the area of the blue square. Was there anything in the dirt you dug up?Thx for posting your picture.Jon

Attachments

• today%20065dowsed.jpg
    today%20065dowsed.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
N

Nick nolen

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you teleprospector. The dirt was clean but very hard to dig, top foot had rocks but no pointers or signs that I could tell. I have pics of them just in case.

OP
OP
N

Nick nolen

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red desert I swept the area with a md and did not pick up anything. I have studied the area a lot and going slow.Thanks for the info might be useful and makes me think.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red desert I swept the area with a md and did not pick up anything. I have studied the area a lot and going slow.Thanks for the info might be useful and makes me think.
Well, I guess that should be expected in the US here, too many carved rock sites had the metal markers dug by treasure hunters, who didn't understand what they were finding. I know of T-Net members who have found the notched iron markers. If you find any flat iron pieces with holes, notches and/or a tube section attached......take note and photos but leave it there cover up again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread