An Anomaly,

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right of the steps is a similar formation with carvings (but smaller) that was cropped off below the white line around the shaft area (first pics posted). I think it was photos from across the canyon where this formation first got my attention. But some of those photos are still in my old computer which is for all practical purposes crashed (could be used to look at them, but can't get files out, takes hours to get booted up or updated, no antivirus for it now either).

Attachments

• RH-area Cliff Wall 2A.jpg
    RH-area Cliff Wall 2A.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy, can't tell you. He wanted me to take a trip with my L-rods, but my mother had a bad fall so stayed here to help. Learned how dangerous this place can be also, you need good friend (or friends) to do a treasure expedition there. Too many people have been shot in the area already.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I dowsed around this spot, picked up a sealed entrance, but the guy couldn't seem to find it with his thermal imaging camera. And it was in the lower part of photo also.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before you do anything like that pm or email me and I will help with what I can.
Nothing planned in the near future, I know more but can't share it here.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
That's cause you are good dowser. But I know one as well, and remote viewing just gets you in the vicinity. And you can't pick it up on thermal it's too deep.

OP
OP
Barton

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Quinoa on Post # 39 you mentioned the use of the bird head--I assume the boulder to the right of the bird head told you
the attack in the tunnel would come from right side--once you entered the tunnel--is this correct?

Barton

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no boulder to right. The whole right side of picture is the bird head. first pic in post #31

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think maybe these sites could be the ones an Apache chief, according to the Indians they attacked the Jesuits in the area, killed all and moved the treasure to a new location. Once finding the Indian story I'd mentioned it to the treasure hunter the maps were dowsed for, he never heard of the story before me telling him. I believe the Indian story is true, they probably didn't make markers or at least a lot of them, as the Jesuits did (but there could be some treasure left at the mines). The attack happened as the Jesuits were moving a huge store of treasure to a new location.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barton

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Quinoa, # 31 photo----left photo

I thought I see a tall bird facing right--his head is directly below the highest point of the red circle---to his right is a rounded boulder --which i assumed
represented the Death Trap.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another photo of the same area as the steps, looks to be view off the left side of it.

Attachments

• Rock House area Cliff Wall 1.JPG
    Rock House area Cliff Wall 1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 79

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the Indian story but it was Spaniards who brought treasure with them from another area to the Superstions, then the Apaches killed them after the treasure got cached in a cave. So, that story isn't related to these 3 Jesuit sites.

As I was searching for the Indian story again right now, came across this short form of a Jesuit story. The estimated value I'm sure is decades old, more like a huge fortune by our current economy standards.

"The Lost Jesuit Treasure, worth an estimated $6 million, is located in the Superstitions. The hoard, possibly in 3 tunnels leading to 3 mines, was secreted when the priests were expelled in 1767."

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Odryssian-King-Seuthes-III.jpg
    Odryssian-King-Seuthes-III.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah , there were other earlier people, the first head with a crown I was talking about inside your white box looks Phoenician style drawing.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are of lot of carvings around the white box I'd never noticed before. Below the white box is cropped off, the whole complete photo is still in my old now crashed computer. I did go back through the sent folder of my email, the old emails with the attached photos still can be found. The last photo from the area left part above the stone steps (posted above), got it from an email in the sent folder. Because of what we now know is here at the 3 GE pins, I'm planning on moving all these old emails that have photos, dowsed maps, and info to a folder for later research.

I suspected all along these sites might be Jesuit, it seems to be a confirmed fact now. In the past going over the whole area with the shaft carving, somewhere off to the left and maybe up a little, I'd noticed a couple holes that possibly could be vent openings. One in particular was a somewhat of a heart shaped hole. If there are any open vents, wonder if the shaft carving shows this? Must be another way in without trying to pass the hinged boulder I would think. It no doubt is going to require rock climbing gear and experience if a person ever attempted a search.

Directly below the boulder is an owl head, looking down possibly at the white box area.

Attachments

• SuperstionMts1top(right).jpg
    SuperstionMts1top(right).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 76
  • SuperstionMts1top(right)owl.jpg
    SuperstionMts1top(right)owl.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It would likely be covered up somewhere on the hillside below the cliff.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with this site is, nobody can get there alone and each person that helps someone go to search, asks for a cut (if something should be found). It's no wonder so many people were killed in the process, either lost or were shot. There was a time the FS shut the hiking down for a while, college students hiking back there a couple different times ended up being shot.

I'd hate to see valuable gold artifacts melted down also, sold at spot gold price if they could find it. For me it is hardly even worth thinking about. I'm sure the gold would be confiscated anyway. Over at the Weavers Needle many years ago, a cave with gold bars was found, the government sent out the US Army to get the gold bars, then sealed up the cave.

I really like the carving of the Thracian king on the top right of boulder. If it means gold artifacts that compare with those of Thracian origin, obviously they need to go into a museum for everyone to see.

Attachments

• Thraciangold-amphora-rhyton.jpg
    Thraciangold-amphora-rhyton.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Thraciangold.jpg
    Thraciangold.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
All that stuff would likely have been already melted down. The people like the Spanish that came after this stuff were very good at finding it as it was probably well marked out at one time. All that stuff has to to do with religion and in the bible it was considered an abomination. They did the same with all the Aztec stuff with Cortez. They were only interested in the metal it was made from.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, do you think this is an ancient site looted by the Spanish? Did Jesuits use it to make caches later after being expelled from the territory?

You might be interested in this article, about new evidence of trade routes to N America, which pre-date Columbus discovering America.

"Bronze artifacts discovered in a 1,000-year-old house in Alaska suggest trade was occurring between East Asia and the New World centuries before the voyages of Columbus."

http://www.livescience.com/50506-artifacts-reveal-pre-columbus-trade.html

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread