L-rod materials

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have about 20 different sets of L-rods, different materials, and different lengths. Aluminum, Brass, Stainless steel, steel, and zinc plated. Zinc plated is what I use mostly. Most hardware stores that have rod stock carry them. I just change my rod length for different circumstances. I have found that some people are more sensitive than others, and sensitivity is your enemy, exspecially when dowsing for treasure. But if you find that you are to sensitive to use L-rods, you are better off to go to a single rod and hold your signal object, rather than placing your object on the ground and chasing a line, like I do. It's not a matter of what material is right, it's all about what works for you. Brass is to sensitive for me now, but when I first started brass was allright. Just realize that a ton of gold will signal the same as a gold BB, if you use rods to sensitive, and if you don't practice and learn that changing your L- rods helps you determine what is a lagitimate line worth chasing or not.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey dowser...I also use many lenghts, diameter and material to size the objects. This is not a pefect system but works most of the time. For marking signal lines and the targets I use one set of rods everytime. They are the lenght that with my body, arms and hands in the correct position and the rods are closed the target or signal line is alway,s under the front half of my heel...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,19537.0.html......reply #7.....Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Art, When I'm at an object my L-rods cross right over the object, right below my hands. For those who want to practice where they cross, use tin foil. The rods will cross at the edge of the foil. Try using a long peice of foil laying flat. You will see that you can read the outline easily. It helps you tell the size of the object, exspecially if you are dowsing meteorites. Dowser

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey dowser...I search mostly for Placer Gold. I inch away from my marker in different directions and check when the rods start to open. If I am on a gold vein they will stay closed in two directions. I always like to hear how others rods react...Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art! Gold veins are my specialty. But what you write and what I do seem different. A gold vein will let a gold signal out in one place only, much the same as placer gold. When I find a gold vein I can usually see it once I get to it unless it is too deep to dig. If I can't see it I dowse it's length. They vary in length. If you find your gold vein, are you sure it's what your signaling? Remember there are countless signal lines crossing your path. I will try to answer any questions you have, but by reading your past posts you seem to know more than me. I have a question for you. If you know where 14 million in gold is, and it's on private property, and nobody can have it , what do you do? Hypathetically of course. Dowser

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey dowser....I am writing how my rods react and methods that I use. There is no set way for the rods to react. It is up to each dowser to learn what his rods are telling him. I read and try others methods. If I can use the information and if it saves me time I will use it. It's not what you know ...It's knowing what works for you...

When it comes to large treasures....I have learned over the years that some of them can't be recovered. If a deal can't be worked out with the land owner you just have to pass on it. On one of my projects we are now trying to decide how to recover the gold....Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art.. Yes I also understand the difference of other dowsers reactions with rods. It would be nice to compare in person to another pro like you.. I tought one person recently, and he can chase large lines, but he still loses track and piggybacks onto a small line in the end. He can't seem to stay on the same line he started on. And he also checks depth of objects differently than I do. Actually he allready could dowse, but that was the most he could do, just water lines and sewer pipes. It's too bad some large treasures have to go unfound, even if we can locate them. They need to change some laws, but they probably won't. Dowser

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions