OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Dell...Now the real work begins....Finding how to dig it.....BLM land all around it but not this small area. If it is KGC someone is watching....My pardner wants to bring in a backhoe and start digging. Not a wise move but we will have to decide how to proceed....Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dell, that's quite a map dowse you do!!!! And Art good luck on retreaving your find. Dowser

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys...I plan on proceding slowly and planning each step in detail...Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago, a Lost Treasure was found, not by me, but by a MAP DOWSER, (Sycamore Canyon, Arizona. Lost Spanish mine.) I heard there was old Spanish artifacts, and 3 Jade statues. That's all can tell you because that's all I know. I myself believe that the find is fact. Dowser

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey dowser...Map dowsing is an interesting subject. If your research shows that a treasure is in an area, where do you start? Most research that I have done gives me a very large area to search. I will use any help I can get to come up with a starting point. Then it is up to me and my equipment to locate it. If map dowsing tells me there is nothing in that area I am not going to waste my time searching. I have found that some map dowsers are very good. I have found that others can put me within 1 mile of the location. My own map dowsing skills are hot and cold. Most of the time something is there but not alway's what I am searching for. I keep careful records and sometime in the future a pattern will emerge....Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art. The way I learned to map dowse was with two pro's awhile back. They would use noodle rods. Thats a single rod, that you use one or both hands, between three and four ft. long, with a straight handle on one end and and a crystal or metal point on the other. To begin they would use a large area map with the treasure in mind, supposedly in that map area. While holding gold they would slowly move the rod across over the map, thinking gold holding gold, slowly cross the rods back and forth, trying to feel that snag, or drag, at a point that drags in both directions. Then they would pull out the pendulums and fine tune, changing maps to smaller areas using doth devices, narrowing it down to one spot. The spot that causes a pause in the movement of your dowsing tool. I also learned that noodle rods can vary quite a bit, while most L-rods are round stock, or threaded round stock, noodle rods can also be square or rectangular stock, with twists in you square stock in spots. And noodle rods can be made of wire, or home made twists of metal, sometimes welded at spots.
When map dowsing with round stock your slow horizontal movement, is interupted with a vertical tug, and it's an off balance of your balanced rod, remember your handle is weighted, counter acting your Chrystal weight, while holding your rod in front of the handle some. If you use a square or rectangular stock, with a twist or two in the right spot, your horizontal movement will catch the spot differently, causing your elbows to shift and follow the drag. You feel it better. I hope some of this can help you. Dowser

Miner49er

May 16, 2007
There has been no treasure found in Sycamore Canyon in the last 5 years. There were some gold bars discovered in a cave, but the finders were arrested.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, I've never heard of you! How is that all other treasure hunters call you first, to keep their secret.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey dowser....I have been trying to use a short rod on my computer screen. I can get a "drag" on some maps...I then print them and check with a pendulum. I have not done and recorded enough information to conclude anything...Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art... I assume your holding your gold in your pendulum hand, and your shortened up on your chain. Move very slowly and look for your device to start to circle, and when you over the spot you will have smaller faster circles. I'm sure other people have their different ways. Then after using your pendulum to pinpoint the spot, you can either ask your pendulum to signal your question answers, yes, no, quantity, and such. Or switch back to a single rod, to answer your questions, over your spot. Your single rod should have good spring, it's either a vertical answer from a rod, or a horizontal answer from a pendulum, which ever you feel more confident reading. You can always create your own map dowse cenerio. Bury a bunch of lead, take a picture from above, and use other maps, hold lead, think lead, and while knowing it's there can you feel it? can you dowse it? try every possible thing you can think of, and try to read that signal. If you can, it is easy to strengthen your technique, and switch to great finds. Also if your using round stock straight rod, develop your own square or retangular rod for map dowsing. You need to dowse and catch that ever so small signal sticking up, and you want your rod to tip or catch the string so to say, and while using square stock your lower corners will, easier than the round. Dowser

hetty

May 24, 2007
I wonder if there is any truth in a theory in the idea of solar flares powering dowsing that has been running around the forums lately. If it was true , wouldnt it make dowsing easier? Hetty

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey hetty...I check the solar weather every day...When I check my rods when it is at the "red" condition I can tell the difference in the reactions I get. They react very strong so I have to believe that there is a lot of fact in what I have been told.....Art

hetty

May 24, 2007
Art,I am not a dowser myself but it would be interesting to see if your dowsing ability improves if we have a real solar storm, the kind that makes the newspapers. Hetty

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see that there could be a possibility that Solar Flares might change a persons ability to dowse better or worse. But the only way to make it better for me, is if it could give me the ability to tell the density of the target, which seems to be impossible. Just like metal detecting, you have to dig a lot of junk before you hit something good. I was out riding around today in the mountains, scanning/ dowsing for gold veins or whatever else I might find, and I tossed my nickle signaling object on the ground, jumped off my Quad, pulled out my rods and walked a circle around it, looking for my nickle/meteorite signal, and I had one line. Without checking other element signals I decided to chase on nickle only. After a little triangulation I walked right to it. It was a handfull of 12in. stakes, tossed under a bush about 100 yds. of the trail. The stakes had 1in. by 4in. piece of shiny flat metal stapled to them. Just like many times before, not every signal is a treasure. But if one could tell the density, it would be too easy, wouldn't that be great!!! Dowser

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread