Two urban locations.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Art. I haven't forgotten about the turtle. There used to be another rock formation that looked like a turtle on the trail into this spot but it has fallen down. I don't know if it was nature or man that caused it to fall down. I kind of lean to nature but not sure. Here is a picture of it.

View attachment 1320413

I have a picture that I took of it after it fell down but I don't have the phone with me that I took it with. I will post it later. This turtle also has the daylight or hole underneath it. That apparently has some significance too. Trail marker? Treasure marker? This picture was taken about 11 years ago.
Book, be careful here. SETTLE DOWN. This a very well known treasure site and has been hunted by many over the years, including myself. There have even been reports of helicopters up there, long after the story broke where in the author says he and a partner went there in the late 60's and found a rusted pistol. I have been on top of this flat top 3 times. This rock means nothing. It is just a rock. I saw it myself. In fact, at first it looked like a cow while climbing up to it. YES, it is gone. Someone had to have pushed it over the side, but I did not.

The second time I went up there, when I cam back down to camp, I told my wife I am not going up there again unless someone lifts me up in a helicopter or an escalator is built there LOL.

There is a large silver tank/well at the bottom of this mesa. To the side of it is what looks like the pump and there are lots of pipes too. Farther to the west of the tank, about 200 yards or so, is a steal pipe sticking out of the ground left there by a gas company that was drilling there many hears ago. There are lots of junk and trash around the tank area which, in my mind, is disgusting.

Now, is there treasure up there? Maybe and maybe not. But from my own research, it is my humble opinion, from the dates, times, events, and known people involved, I believe it was the McCarty Gang last up there who blew the trail to keep others from reaching it. Butch Cassidy might have known about this location, was probably up there from time to time, but I am quite sure he was not there when the gang left it for good. Many think and there is good reason to believed he did not die in South America, but lived to be an old man. If that is so, and if he knew about this treasure, there would have been nothing stopping him from recovering it many years ago and long after 1910. If you doubt me, read the book by Matt Warner titled: "Last of the bandit Riders."

Book, settle down.

This is all I am going to say about this at this time

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs
I've got plenty of partners. You lost out. At least with me. I'm guessing you have a partner. I was trying not to say the Mc word or the
BC words. Thanks. I had guessed you had at least been in the area and may know where this is. And I talk too much.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the picture that I took on the 21st of May.

Kim Turtle J.JPG

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Book, I get an indication of buried treasure at 12 O'Clock near where the horizon meets earth. Near top center of pic. Gold and Silver US $$ at 4' depth.
Marvin

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Book, I get an indication of buried treasure at 12 O'Clock near where the horizon meets earth. Near top center of pic. Gold and Silver US $$ at 4' depth.
Marvin

OK. But that's likely 50-100 miles away.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My method wouldn't allow me to get closer----------------now If I had a Topo map maybe would help. Please understand that I am a beginner at Map Dowsing, so do NOT go to the bank with my posts-----'til I get better. I tried the Triangulation method and it could be an inch neared than the horizon.
Marvin

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lesjcbs
I've got plenty of partners. You lost out. At least with me. I'm guessing you have a partner. I was trying not to say the Mc word or the
BC words. Thanks. I had guessed you had at least been in the area and may know where this is. And I talk too much.
No I have no partner or partners. That is why I turned you down when you asked me to join you several months ago. Most of the time it is not a good idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more picture and I call it a night. This one was taken right in front of our turtle. Please dowse.

100_8113 Snip.JPG

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the only hit i get,if you get by there you might check it.......no big deal i really don't think its any good it want hold a load when i test it. 100_8113 Snip.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a small blackish dot area in the small saddle area in the turtle window you line up over like a gunsite with that protrusion that sticks up under the turtle. You will likely find some boulder markers in the area of alignment thru the saddle, possibly a triangle to figure out. The large wedge rock placed in front is telling to look thru the window on the left side, and the protrusion was put there under the rock which protects the exact alignment from erosion and weathering. There's other things indicating to look for a dot or round blemish in the landscape for the alignment. Turtle gunsite black dot in saddle.jpg Turtle gunsite.jpg

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a small blackish dot area in the small saddle area in the turtle window you line up over like a gunsite with that protrusion that sticks up under the turtle. You will likely find some boulder markers in the area of alignment thru the saddle, possibly a triangle to figure out. The large wedge rock placed in front is telling to look thru the window on the left side, and the protrusion was put there under the rock which protects the exact alignment from erosion and weathering. There's other things indicating to look for a dot or round blemish in the landscape for the alignment. View attachment 1326153 View attachment 1326154

you are right on,and by the way this is not outlaws,this is spanish this is very old Kim Turtle J.JPG ,and if this picture was taken in (May this year) ,well its still there just waiting for you.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okie,
This is an aerial view of the area in the window of the turtle that you have targeted.

Okie Aerial View.JPG

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Okie and GA_Boy. We can drive right to it. I can zoom in more if you like.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Okie and GA_Boy. We can drive right to it. I can zoom in more if you like.

well it might help you to , located it better.....might see some land marks to go by.....if you can keep the treasure spot into the picture,take you google earth down to 1,000 feet on the eye,that give you about a 300 feet circle.....are just pm are email a gps,just what ever you want to do is find with me.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the stories about this area is that there is or was a cache with directions marked on a rock. Maybe a flat rock. I have no clue as to whether that would be this cache. Could just be a campfire story as well. Every little bit helps.
Thanks Okie. Like the new avatar.
Nicholas

Don't know why the picture didn't load. Here goes again.

042 X Zoom.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I respect you Okie and what you can do but you missed what I was talking about by a fair margin. See where my yellow arrows point for an general area to dowse. You must be at least a mile or two off, on to another new site/area. The monuments are fairly specific, although they can sometimes point out another important monument/marker to follow out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions