Pinpointing help please

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV, Garret Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hours and hours of research into this property, its very historic. I'm searching for any treasure or old relics or coins...if any of you can lend me your skills, I would greatly appreciate it. The house will be torn down soon leaving a field of nails, so I'm on a time limit. The black circled part is where Im working now, after the harvest I have permission to do all the fields too....so I have the whole picture....please help a sister out! LOL Thank you so much!!!!! 29432991_1818371558182777_7406310741310963712_n.jpg

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would definitely work the area you have circled first. Lay out a grid and work slow covering the entire area making sure your swings are overlapping each time so you don't miss anything. After the harvest, I would star down the right side tree line and work the field top to bottom in a grid fashion until I started picking up targets. I would then concentrate on the areas that contained good targets and work them again. When you are working the field, make sure you are in all metal mode so you can get maximum depth. Hope this helps.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you would get more responses if this were posted in the general discussions forum. Just a thought.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old trees are usually good, main top roots tend to bring up objects closer to the surface also. Pocket spills when people sit under shade trees, larger the tree, the better or even old stumps still remaining from years ago.

OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all....I just posted here because I was hoping for some dowsing help. I tried dowsing but didn't have much luck. So I was hoping the pros could help lol...I will definitely work in a grid fashion, I haven't done that yet, was just focusing on strong signals...thank you...Should I go all metal low disc since my detector doesn't go that deep?

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all....I just posted here because I was hoping for some dowsing help. I tried dowsing but didn't have much luck. So I was hoping the pros could help lol...I will definitely work in a grid fashion, I haven't done that yet, was just focusing on strong signals...thank you...Should I go all metal low disc since my detector doesn't go that deep?

Yes

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For metal detecting, check the red circle areas.

Attachments

• map- Kasper1212.jpg
    map- Kasper1212.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Red Desert....oh man I have to wait for harvest to get to those areas. But I have a lead now, thanks so much!!!

OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing thread!! Thank you!

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Raider Gold, Old machine of my Father's
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried with pendulum for you, for practice. Figured why not? I am willing to try. It is up to you what you do in the end, but figured I'd give it a shot for you.

Keep in mind this is my first time attempting to do this type of thing for anyone. I am a newb, just keep that in mind.

I used my pendulum and the results are as follows:

I asked if there was treasure near the house, it indicated yes.

By Garage indicated no.

By the driveway, again it indicated no.

I asked if there was any treasure in the filed, indicated yes.

Now I have no printer connected to my computer and therefore hand drew my best representations of the area of the house, and the field, separate representations hand drawn to my best ability of both areas. I then hovered my pendulum over first the areas by the house, and then within the field. The pendulum indicated 3 areas on the map. I double tested by the house, and tested numerous occasions the two areas in the field. The areas it did indicate I then marked up on your map, by pulling up my paint program.

Not done just yet.

I also asked in regards to what types of objects may be found in the areas.

By the house coin or relic-

Relic/ historical.

In field area one- Coin or relic- An indication of coin.

In field area 2 Coin or Relic/Historical.

No on Relic/ Historical, and indicated no again on coin.

I asked it again, no again on Historical, and no again on coin. I was not expecting that, I listed the results for this area as possibly neither.

On the map the area in the field I determined as area 1 for my way of describing labeling the area I have tried and drawn a 1 mark by the area, for the other area of the field and what I had labelled area 2 I drew to my best a number two.

All areas my pendulum indicated I've drawn on your map in red.

Now as to the area of field two where the pendulum indicated neither way on coin and relic, it did seem to indicate an object, but I was unable to get a confirmation on relic or coin.

That is what I was able to try and find for you.

Again this is actually my very first time doing this.

I've also not read any previous responses to keep my mind clear and free.

Let me try and get that image of your map marked up now for you:

pinpoint 2.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never doused. I have detected and just plain dug (with a shovel) a lot for centuries...at least it feels that way. In the old days, the outhouse would be about 30' behind the house. Check that area, of course, you'll need a probe to find it and decide if you want to dig it out or not. Depending on the age of the house, where the trash went varies. Lots of times it went in the old privies. In colonial days, there wasn't a lot of trash, so to speak and lots of times it just got chucked out the back door. Later, a gulley or such would be used as a dump. Down "over the hill" was also a popular place. Where the people hung their laundry and under old trees is a good place to look. I found a 17th century buckle next to a new driveway a few weeks ago. Lots of stuff lost getting in and out of transportation, whether cars or buggys.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one more place I didn't mark last time, because it seemed more like archaeological or even old junk signal. Marked the spot with a green circle/arrow. Here is from my file of definitions for green marked map dowsing hits.

Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).

Attachments

• map-B- Kasper1212.jpg
    map-B- Kasper1212.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 92

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it had a outhouse at one time,I'd hit around it, good luck.

OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Prospecting for Stone and Red Desert, I detected the area with the green circle yesterday for about an hour, I did find a cool 1949 Dog license in excellent shape, but other than that just trash and nails. But I was going very low and slow and digging everything, so I only covered about a quarter of that area...will keep chipping away at it. My car is in the shop today, so guess I'm taking a day off, LOL!
I will search every area you guys suggest thoroughly, thank so much everyone!

OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is funny that two of you recommended the same area!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunters in NM (at least in some of my old-time treasure magazine articles) liked searching for the old outhouse locations, around the abandoned homesteads. They would dig them up, spreading everything for going over using a metal detector. Often these old homestead outhouses would produce some nice large cent finds. If the man living there was able to sneak out for a few sips of whiskey also, you may find a few good old bottles as well.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is funny that two of you recommended the same area!
Actually, I know of one T-Net member who would privately send the same map emailed to different dowsers. It wasn't uncommon for him to get the exact spot marked by 4 different people doing the map dowsing.

OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! There was a dilapidated Trading post here in 1836 and a new one was built on the site and the current home has been there since 1920 so I'm sure there must have been an outhouse....now just to find it!

OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I know of one T-Net member who would privately send the same map emailed to different dowsers. It wasn't uncommon for him to get the exact spot marked by 4 different people doing the map dowsing.

That I so cool! Crazy but awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread