Pinpointing help please

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Raider Gold, Old machine of my Father's
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is one more place I didn't mark last time, because it seemed more like archaeological or even old junk signal. Marked the spot with a green circle/arrow. Here is from my file of definitions for green marked map dowsing hits.

Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).

You say it seemed like an archaeological or old junk signal, my question is your method for determining what the different signals mean? Is this felt in the tool you are using? Or is it a general feeling sensed yourself while you dowse?

I am not questioning you on your method as criticism by the way. I question as I am learning dowsing myself, and am at the beginning stages of learning, still have much to learn.

I find your technique for coloring signals on the maps in differing colors quite interesting as well.

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Raider Gold, Old machine of my Father's
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That I so cool! Crazy but awesome!

Wanna hear something crazier? When marking the same area we both had marked out on your map there I had an unmistakable pottery feeling as well. I didn't ask the pendulum, but had that type of feeling of possible ceramics.

At any rate, best of luck to you.

Hoping you find something neat.

Happy hunting.

OP
OP
K

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV, Garret Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I'm heading out now for a couple more hours attacking those areas before my bedtime! (I work midnights)

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say it seemed like an archaeological or old junk signal, my question is your method for determining what the different signals mean? Is this felt in the tool you are using? Or is it a general feeling sensed yourself while you dowse?

I am not questioning you on your method as criticism by the way. I question as I am learning dowsing myself, and am at the beginning stages of learning, still have much to learn.

I find your technique for coloring signals on the maps in differing colors quite interesting as well.
The only time I use this technique is when map dowsing. Any other dowsing, regardless of the instruct, I'll either ask questions to get response or interpret responses when they occur.

For myself, I've established general category search criteria which is represented by type or way of color marking. In map dowsing, often we get maps without any detailed info on what is to be searched for as posted. For me, the type of color marking helps to later remember what the target might have been, a record of the kind of signal. I've learned from doing maps also, confirmation enough times by other T-Net members. The color association (more and more) is proving to help focus or tune the dowsing energies before asking a question.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of any other map dowsers who use this method, it is more of a prop to establish a well defined search criteria.

This technique applies only to sateelite images and color photos. For topographic maps using a pendulum, it is simple questions marked with simple Xs or X in a circle (depending on the target). Here is a thread on topographic map dowsing from my website.

Marking a topographic map

At the moment, my file of definitions reads like this...a couple of them are repetitious.

Yellow line box (or solid filled circles) for gold veins and deep alluvial placer deposits.

Yellow outline circles for shallow alluvial gold placer deposits.

Bluegreen line box (or solid filled circles) for native copper deposits, copper artifacts of antiquity, or copper coins.

Purple line box (or outline circles) for paranormal type sites, including tombs, ancient religious artifacts, temples, spirits, and burial grounds.

White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).

Lilac colored line box (or solid filled circles) for rough (uncut) crystals and gemstones, jewels (cut, polished or faceted), pearls.

Ordinary pink in general for female gender related searches of lost treasure.

Amber line box (or outline circles) for prehistoric fossils, dinosaur bones, and paleontological sites.

Maroon line box (or outline circles) for energy resources such as coal deposits, oil shale, natural gas and petroleum.

Red X for deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value (doesn't have to be a cache).

Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.

Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.

Orange line box (or solid filled circles) for deeper man made gold objects or pocket gold in veins.

Orange outline circles, for man made gold objects from surface down to 1-2 feet or shallow rich native gold.

Blue line box (or solid filled circles) for deeper silver targets.

Blue circle is to mark areas of loose or surface silver coins/treasure, down to 1-2 feet deep.

Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).

Green line box (or solid filled circles) for various other targets, mostly archaeological such as old ruins or foundations but especially non-metallic objects like flint arrowheads, bottles, pottery, and carved stone markers.

Red outline circles for places to check metal detecting, for mostly loose coins/treasure or artifacts of value, from surface down to 1-2 feet deep.

Turquoise (or aqua blue) circles for paper currency, usually hidden in the ground as a cache.

Black outline circle around other marked places, indicates this site is the most significant (a small solid filled circle inside another marking, pinpoints the exact location). At locations believed to have been used by bandits or outlaw gangs, indicates possible sites used by them.

Black rectangle outline boxes show danger, death traps, explosive devices, bombs, or live ammunition.

Solid reddish-brown or red oxide colored square (rectangles, circles) for iron, all man made iron objects.

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hunt.jpg

No help with the dowsing but if I only had ten minutes. I would hunt on the right side of the house just outside the master bedroom (if that is the location) and where a clothes line may have once been. People like to see there money from the house.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kasper1212,
I'm familiar with this area. Dowsing revealed an attraction to coins in the circled areas and way out back a repeatable attraction to silver.
Thank you for posting your picture.
Jon
TnetKasper1212 1-8-19dowsed.jpg TnetKasper1212S1-8-19dowsed.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread