ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Raider Gold, Old machine of my Father's
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello.

I'd like some help dowsing a photo of a location I am considering searching in the future here whenever it is the snow melts.

Some background, I have a little interest in this location as my staff had pointed this location out for me while mineral searching.

I was looking actually for something specific, and asking the staff to point to the closest direction/ area for this specific mineral.

It targeted this area, or seemed to, but I will not yet be sure if anything of value is there until the snow is melted and I can get a better view so to speak.

This which you will all gather from the photo is a train track. This area specifically is not good for a dig. Not enough space to either side of the track, and no digging tracks is not wise by any means.

What I am wondering is if anyone can dowse the photo, looking perchance for any mineral based objects in the area, and if any found if it is possible to identify what may be there for minerals if any indeed are found?

I do not know what is possible or not within your folks capabilities. So if you feel determining type of minerals by use of a dowsing tool is not a possibility feel free to let me know this as well.

Now more background, I've asked my pendulum before going out to take the picture if the area is worth exploring and it indicated yes, I also asked if the mineral I was previously searching for was actually in the area and it indicated yes.

Honestly I am for now, doubting my pendulum. Then again, I've not explored the area much due to the snow, I plan to wait for it to melt before I get my hands dirty.

Now I did find two objects in the area- modern objects, which are not mineral based.

I do not feel they are trash because I feel it is evident they did in fact belong to someone, however they really are not worth anything monetary.

However the presence of these items on the track speaks volumes about the previous owner. It isn't anything shady either. Metaphorically lets just say the items paint a picture as to the emotional state of the previous owner.

So items were found, just not exactly what I was originally looking for.

Alright. If anyone could dowse the photo for a presence of minerals in this area, I would definitely appreciate it. I can not really offer anything as thanks at this time, other than my gratitude.

If anyone is capable of dowsing a possible identity if any minerals are found that too would be appreciated.

In the end it doesn't matter if it is right or wrong. I do appreciate the effort.

I'd just like to get a grasp on if it is worth the effort to go back to the location and have a look. It isn't the best place to stay and look too thoroughly due to the constant traffic and presence of others.

I'm normally content to mind my business, not so often enough, with those around me.

Thanks for reading.

I will try and get the photo here now:

Area for exploration.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a little bit of a signal here. Sometimes a gemstone dowsed response, is nothing more than a stone in a lost ring.

Attachments

• Area for exploration-ProspectingForStone.jpg
    Area for exploration-ProspectingForStone.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 67

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tracks remind me of when I was very young growing up. Our family reunions on Dad's side of the family were in upstate New York. Once I can remember walking with my cousins along a train track. I spotted a lot of chunks, quite abundant darker flint rocks, only off the side of tracks. Had a lot of fun striking one stone against another, making sparks fly as we kept walking.

OP
OP
ProspectingForStone

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There seems to be a little bit of a signal here. Sometimes a gemstone dowsed response, is nothing more than a stone in a lost ring.

Hi.

Thanks for taking a look. Yes I did not consider a possible jewelry hit.

I will definitely take a look at your signal area when the snow melts. I am not too sure exactly when I will be able to get out. The detector takes six batteries, and at the moment I am out of any backups. I will have to check the detector and possibly gear up on batteries at that time.

Disappointed today, was hoping to get my father to chauffeur me down to the beach and try and get some low tide hunting in. No luck, inquired on him, and he decided to sleep in.

What I had been actively looking for the day my staff pointed this area out was Geodes.

I asked the staff to indicate the closest area out of doors, where there is an easily accessible and un-buried Geode. I made sure to use the wording "Out of doors" as I had noticed my last mineral hunt the staff seemed to indicate minerals either in the next town over, or a side of a street with housing, and a possibility I'd not considered, hit me between the eyes- Is it possible this thing may point out random houses where individuals keep stones?

Therefore I tried to be as specific as possible.

As it stands, I have no idea if there is a geode present in the area my staff located, I will not get to explore until the snow melts.

Thank you for taking a look for me. Appreciate it.

Here's hoping I am not setting myself out on a goose chase. :BangHead:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think this signal is from a lost ring. Try above the circle in the direction of the arrow...I'm getting a bit of a quartz hit up that way, but not sure of what type.

OP
OP
ProspectingForStone

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think this signal is from a lost ring. Try above the circle in the direction of the arrow...I'm getting a bit of a quartz hit up that way, but not sure of what type.

Thank you very much, for taking the time to give the photo a look. Much appreciated.

I will be trying to hit this area as soon as there is enough snow melt here. Hibernation season isn't yet over for the northern east coast. I rather don't mind the cold, but the ground covered in snow, presents more work and energy than I am yet willing to exhaust.

I am hoping you are right about the quartz. Either way, it'll be worth the fresh air.

Spring can't come soon enough.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to check out my mineral dowsing trip with this link Most of the time there was spent walking around with L-rods. I very liyyle patience trying to wash out the heavy clay soil for the diamonds, so decided to leave that for another trip (which I've never taken yet). It's a wonder I was able to make the trip home...car overloaded with a kinds of stones, agates, even large crystalline Lamproite (diamond ore) crystals. Most people I've had contact with here on T-Net, say dowsing at the Crater Of Diamonds park is nearly impossible, because of all the signals from all directions.

Trip to Crater of Diamonds State Park with L-rods

Last edited:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to check out my mineral dowsing trip with this link Most of the time there was spent walking around with L-rods. I very liyyle patience trying to wash out the heavy clay soil for the diamonds, so decided to leave that for another trip (which I've never taken yet). It's a wonder I was able to make the trip home...car overloaded with a kinds of stones, agates, even large crystalline Lamproite (diamond ore) crystals. Most people I've had contact with here on T-Net, say dowsing at the Crater Of Diamonds park is nearly impossible, because of all the signals from all directions.

Trip to Crater of Diamonds State Park with L-rods

Most people I've had contact with here on T-Net, say dowsing at the Crater Of Diamonds park is nearly impossible, because of all the signals from all directions.

All them Signals are no trouble....... just put 4 magnets down in a square like a 20x20 square then get inside square,you only be able to dowse inside that square (the magnets will not let others signals come inside the square),then no Diamonds in that square then move 2 magnets either down are up making a new 20 x 20 square.....don't take my word for it, test it.....put a target on the outside of square(while you are dowsing inside of the square),and try to get a line on it,cannot be done,Signal will not cross the magnetic line between the magnets.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diamonds you can stand right over them and your rods will cross. For me the biggest problem is trying to break up the clay balls that form in your pan if trying to wash out the dug material. I tried part of a pan and gave up, threw out the rest of it.

OP
OP
ProspectingForStone

ProspectingForStone

Nov 17, 2017
North East USA Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hi. Coming back with some results. Yes quartz was found, milky, or what some term snow quartz.

I've not been back to the area again for some time. I will be continuing to practice dowsing when I have time.

Thanks for the help again, and I admire your expertise.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, we have milky quartz in my area...ours came down during the ice age in gravels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions