How to calm down from extreme emotions in 30 seconds

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Backtrack 1973 was swimming at Flathead Lake in Montana and i noticed i was able to hold my breath underwater for an extended time period.

Update yesterday was reading in Popular Science magazine about the Diving Response. Just a short article so I did my own research. But basically they said when (cold) water hits your nostrils your heart rate lowers by 50% and some other stuff with your pancreas.

So here is another article on this diving reflex and there are probably many others if you do a search.

Go jump in a lake!!!

P.S. BE SURE TO READ THE WARNINGS!!!

https://www.mindfulnessmuse.com/dia...calm-down-from-extreme-emotions-in-30-seconds

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read comments from divers on the forum who say nitrogen absorbed through the skin, is another factor. Having done no research myself on the subject, think my memory is correct that it was nitrogen.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That article talks about extreme emotions but really it probably should say calm down from regular day-to-day life. I haven't read any more on it, but I do recall the water at the lake was quite cold. Certainly not ice water, so that's another thing--just cold water. Anyway i thought maybe someone would be interested to see if this improves their dowsing. I don't feel like trying it today--it was -41 windchill this morning and supposed to be colder tonight. We had the coldest February since 1936. The average temperature day and night for the month 8 degrees F. And the third most snow. And still not supposed to get above freezing for the next ten days, don't know when it will.

Last edited:

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Be Careful and Do Not Hold Your Breath till you pass out, as you may be calmed down FOR GOOD!!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I do think calming down would help a person if dowsing. A big obstacle in getting proper responses with rods, can be too much mental focus on what you want to find. Dowsing with L-rods is more of an observation, paying attention to what is happening during a search.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That article talks about extreme emotions but really it probably should say calm down from regular day-to-day life. I haven't read any more on it, but I do recall the water at the lake was quite cold. Certainly not ice water, so that's another thing--just cold water. Anyway i thought maybe someone would be interested to see if this improves their dowsing. I don't feel like trying it today--it was -41 windchill this morning and supposed to be colder tonight. We had the coldest February since 1936. The average temperature day and night for the month 8 degrees F. And the third most snow. And still not supposed to get above freezing for the next ten days, don't know when it will.
It's only 2 degrees here right now... cold, cold, cold!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to put a lake in the yard at my Mother in laws

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong guys, I do believe that ANYTHING that will help us focus and get rid of the Busy Mind Syndrome will be a valuable asset. When I was running Iron-worker Construction Crews in the Summer, I had to watch my guys like a Hawk and when I saw them start to make simple stupid mistakes, I would shut down the crew and we would go to the Water Hose to Cool our Heads off. After the Cool Down you would Wake Up and NOT make mistakes again till you became overheated again. I learned this from my Dad and Granddad while working on the Farm/Ranch. I was the only one who could work stacking Hay Bales in the Upper Loft of the Hay Barn. I would have to drink 1+ gallon of water per hour and I didn't Pee it out, It was ALL Sweat.
I never knew how much I had learned until I got out into the world and was able to compare myself with other men. A Real Eye Opener that was.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread