Can humans sense geomagnetic storms?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This link won't last. New studies say geomagnetic storms suppress alpha waves in the human brain. So the idea that dowsing improves during this unrest is bogus--as i and others have been saying for many years. This applies to any L-rod, pendulum, whatever you use for body response type locating.

SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tere was some guy from Australia that started spreading this crap, then I think *** (name deleted) jumped on the band wagon and people believed it. This is one of the reasons I say these guys are imposters and don't know what they are talking about. This is the "S" in M.I.T.A.S.--Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm confident that humans can detect all sorts of unseen things. The problem is realizing what you're feeling. You need a lot of repetition of the event before your brain becomes trained enough to do the recognition. It's the same thing when hunting. An experienced hunter, of a particular species, will see many more of them than the inexperienced hunter of that species. Both can physically "see" the animal, but only one's brain is trained to react to what the eyes are indicating.
Jim

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The study also noted it was hard to determine the artifacts in people with high and low activity. Meaning they could not determine changes in them. So possibly the person you're referring to has higher brain activity levels than normal and has a different response level to field strength. This study was a baseline in the average of the small group. And the minor flux in the waves doesn't determine effect on anything. It just shows some people can sense field shift. Needs a larger more controlled study now.

Most of the time at ground level a localized field will be stronger than an opposing field anyway. Unless you get hit with an EMP.:skullflag:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Tere was some guy from Australia that started spreading this crap, then I think *** (name deleted) jumped on the band wagon and people believed it. This is one of the reasons I say these guys are imposters and don't know what they are talking about. This is the "S" in M.I.T.A.S.--Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition.

I looked for some of his posts but could not find. He had a special long rod you held on your foot. I made one. Every time I tried it I received an instant head ache and nothing else

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked for some of his posts but could not find. He had a special long rod you held on your foot. I made one. Every time I tried it I received an instant head ache and nothing else

Got a picture of it? I've seen some weird setups but not that one.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy from Australia used to call everyone a fraud, who dowsed during years of lesser solar activity. In fact, he claimed to know the specific levels to dowse according to his theory. I can remember quite well, how this all affected the dowsing board here.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
A lot of people do not understand dowers. It has worked for 8000 years. I can dowse using my methods. I can dowse using a few other methods. I do not care care about the other stuff....Ary

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the guy basically tried to build a Faraday cage dowsing rod. Seems counterproductive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread