OP
D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strickman said:
how's the color?
Well, strickman here is some of the color, not big stuff but, it keeps the time spent interesting..geo

Attachments

• DSC00664.JPG
    DSC00664.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,186

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:help: RUN--DON'T WALK--to the nearest hardware store and get some dust masks. GOOGLE DESERT FEVER as the CDC site also has declared it gone rampant all over the west and death is the result. Many MANY friends in OC died a bloody damn nasty death from rotted lungs. don't matter to find gold ifn' your the fella in the pine box--John :sign13:

OP
OP
D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
:help: RUN--DON'T WALK--to the nearest hardware store and get some dust masks. GOOGLE DESERT FEVER as the CDC site also has declared it gone rampant all over the west and death is the result. Many MANY friends in OC died a bloody damn nasty death from rotted lungs. don't matter to find gold ifn' your the fella in the pine box--John :sign13:
Hoser, thanks for the info!!
We normally wear the masks, we just fired up the equipment to get the picture...I also have 40' more feet of hose to connect on to be able to blow the dust over the hill into an old hard rock mine (about 60' deep) hole..The extra hose also captures the very fine gold that get blown out of the vac,i empty the hose once a week and generally get .15-.25 oz of super fine stuff....seems the hose works kinda like riffles..
Hoser, have a great day, geo

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that YOUR dust fallin on me?

Anyone that has been to AZ knows the dust here is heavy all by itself. Right fellas?

-dustcap

OP
OP
D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dustcap said:
Was that YOUR dust fallin on me?

Anyone that has been to AZ knows the dust here is heavy all by itself. Right fellas?

-dustcap
I'm kinda over by the sawtooth mts. south of Quartzsite , sure hope my dust doesn't get all the way over to you...ha ha but with a name like (dustcap) i'm sure you are use to the dust by now....
are you working the gold now? how you doing? I can't get there till the 1st of jan. gotta do xmas... have a good one ,geo

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
hi 1911d, the gold buddy does a very good job but if you make a new riffle tray from lexan plastic and replace legs with pvc pipe, it will make it electristatic and will hold the flower gold to the riffle tray, works good on my goldbuddy so it should on yours. whitt459

OP
OP
D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitt459 said:
hi 1911d, the gold buddy does a very good job but if you make a new riffle tray from lexan plastic and replace legs with pvc pipe, it will make it electristatic and will hold the flower gold to the riffle tray, works good on my goldbuddy so it should on yours. whitt459
Thanks for the tip!
I now have the legs insulated from the ground with pvc tubing.
riffle tray? is that the piece of screen with the cloth on it? thats a lot of holes to drill, right?
or do you mean the riffles themselves? thanks for your time geo

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know if you have a dog and live in the desert, you probably already have had a case of Valley Fever. Especially if you are a quail hunter. Dogs carry the virus forever after being exposed.
Don't let your dog lick children's faces.

Crookedrecords

Mar 2, 2009
Is that just a shop vac without the filter on it or something else? I use a shop vac but keep the filter on. I tap the filter out every two cycles or so and it does really well. Just curious thanks!

I don't see a cord and I see a gas can so I guess it's one of those gas vacs then? I was always curious how powerful those were but to get good chunky gold like that they must do pretty good! is that the echo pb251?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread