what do you think?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought they had some neat products-and fairly reasonable prices.looked like good stuff.if they had a 3" or 4" dredge with air -they would definantly have something (hint hint)esp.if it was half the weight of comparable dredges.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm thinking light weight,to get to those hard to get spots that haven't been hit yet.my three weighs a ton,you can't just tote it up and down those hills that easy.and with a 2" you could run in a large mudd puddle -or very small stream.hey t holler at me when you are out this way :coffee2:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Unit includes our deluxe suction nozzle and 10 feet of 2 inch "TIGER FLEX-GT" Suction hose.

Recommended engine/pump is 1.5îx 2.5hp -
NOT INCLUDED!

trick wording in plain site, they say it, yet the placement doesn't catch your eyes until sometime afterwards. The $589 is for the platform, and it doesnt include the engine. After it is all done, you might as well buy the Keene 2 inch dredge, it's even smaller and can be carried like a backpack.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
caught that about the pump,i checked on them too.can buy it else where a little cheaper that way,so total cost would be cheaper than a keene.chris has the keene model and its a good dredge-don't get me wrong.but iv'e noticed that he catches a LOT of fines with his little plastic sluice/ that the keene would have missed.and when sluicing with the plastic one not much in cons.mainly gold.so why wouldn't the same set up work on a small dredge?it would be good for remote areas-and not many cons to have to float out.i want a small quiet light weight-that way we can take mine and his load in a canoe and get to very remote area.work and not have so many cons to float out.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Takoda,i had a chance to dredge the Tallapossa river in Alabama a few years back and was sall set togo when i got a email warning that that river was poluted from a town called heflin that was up stream from my location and they were dumping raw sewage into the river because their snaitation faucilty was broke down and they were paying the fine to dump because it was the cheaper of the two solutions. i also heard that the ADNR was actually going out into the river and telling people to get out! is this still going on? Takoda,also you sent me a email/PM from someone inquireing about a town in western Missouri and i mistakenly dumped it. could you resend it or direct me to this person?

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
russau said:
Takoda,i had a chance to dredge the Tallapossa river in Alabama a few years back and was sall set togo when i got a email warning that that river was poluted from a town called heflin that was up stream from my location and they were dumping raw sewage into the river because their snaitation faucilty was broke down and they were paying the fine to dump because it was the cheaper of the two solutions. i also heard that the ADNR was actually going out into the river and telling people to get out! is this still going on? Takoda,also you sent me a email/PM from someone inquireing about a town in western Missouri and i mistakenly dumped it. could you resend it or direct me to this person?

Hey russau , Nobody is telling people to get out of the Tallapoosa that I know of . I know quite a few people that live and fish along the Tallapoosa from the Georgia line all the way down to lake Martin and I have never heard of any such problem . My sister has lived on the Harris reservoir ( Wedowee lake ) for six or seven years now and has never heard of anything like that . I think you got some malicious information . Besides ........... common sense would dictate that such a situation would not be allowed to continue simply because a city thought it to be more economic .

On that town inquiry ...... I'm sorry , but I don't remember it . Are you sure it was me ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread