Finally got out with the new highbanker power sluice dredge! Alaska!

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Angie here's a little wiki blurb about where I was stationed:

Cape Lisburne Air Force Station (AAC ID: F-07, LRR ID: A-19, DEW ID: LIZ-1) is a closed United States Air Force General Surveillance Radar station. It is located 276.5 miles (445.0 km) west-southwest of Point Barrow, Alaska.

The radar surveillance station was closed on 1 November 1983, and was re-designated as a Long Range Radar (LRR) site as part of the Alaska Radar System. Today, it remains active as part of the Alaska NORAD Region under the jurisdiction of the 611th Air Support Group, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska.

The site designation when I was there Dec "65" > Nov. "66" was the 711th AC&W Sqdn.. The site was a split site with the radar and maint. troops up on the mountain (top Camp) and operations and support at bottom camp. Spent about 11½ months up there, First assignmnt out of tech school.

Gramps

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gramps...
So what your saying is that they were giving you the finger? :laughing9:

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I reckon you could say that, we had that finger all to ourselves. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Gramps

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Angie, how did your bow hunting/prospecting trip go in August?
Having lived in Alaska for 20 years, and missing her....just curious!

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaskan Adventurer said:
Hey Angie, how did your bow hunting/prospecting trip go in August?
Having lived in Alaska for 20 years, and missing her....just curious!

Hi There,

Well, the gold trip to Paradise valley was the best trip I've taken here in Alaska! We found some real nice nuggets (almost 1/2 oz worth)...if you pm me or send me an email, I'll send a picture...can't figure out how to do it here.

No Caribou though, we were so tired and worn out after 8 days of gold hunting with our detectors that I had no energy for a caribou hunt ;-(.

Angie

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
i was there in Paradise Valley on Mic Manns claims in 2000. i didnt know he was still alive! good for him!we had a good time there aswell!

Really, that's neat! What a beautiful place huh? We're going back next summer to help him out and to re-mark some of his claims way up the creek. He's really done good there, heard some amazing stories as you probably recall. Mic is doing great and looks good but I'm sure he's slowed down some since 2000. He ran the dozer and backhoe for us and opened up some gold opportunities. We worked so hard and it took me a week to recover, I'm sure every muscle/joint hurt, especially my knees but we had a great time! How much gold did you find when you were there? I'll attach some pics.

Angie

Attachments

• Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (454).JPG
    Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (454).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (109).JPG
    Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (109).JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 480
  • Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (140).JPG
    Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (140).JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 489
  • Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (29).JPG
    Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (29).JPG
    249 KB · Views: 426
  • Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (34).JPG
    Paradise Valley 26 Aug - 2 Sep 2011 (34).JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 701

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Mic looks like hes getting heavier and hes got a new cat with a bigger blade now! same ole creek! i cant remeber how much gold i got but id have to reveiw my video he sends everyone.i assume he still sends everyone a video of the trip,weighing of the gold. yep, it was a real fine trip!i meet his wife and his state trooper son that dropped in around the time for the weighing of the gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions