Dredging tomorrow, california, come get us coppers

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vini I was up there on Sunday, going to try and go back Saturday. Still haven't got everything cleaned up yet. PS got it all cleaned up, not much coarse stuff where we were digging,lots of pounded flat pieces, long way from the water and looooonnnng haul to the slucie. Hope to do better on Saturday....

Squaws leap? i'll tell you where to dig if your going there, i heard there charging a fee now to get in? or was that briceburg?

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey vinni were is the bideeio hahahaha just saying. I cant wait no more. hehehe

ACK i hate the video i talked in it to much sound like an as% im gonna redo and just add some back ground music LOL

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we go tomorrow come get us coppers LOLOLOL

THEY GOT US NOW ITS ON, THE FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS STARTS TODAY ......

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Vini

Five bucks to park at Squaw Leap, no charge at Briceburg unless you are in the campgrounds. Went to Briceburg, found what looked like a great piece of broken bedrock in a gulch coming off of the hill, but not much there. Very hot up there today, so we came home early..... Good luck tommorrow

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELP you guys get to go threw a it with me here, i got cited today for dredging with out a permit and yeah, i'm fighting it, so stay tuned to the next episode.

I'll post how things go but need to remain mum for a bit until we get our first court appearance, then i'll give brief updates. Will be in contact with PLP and see where to go as far as legal defender, i'm unemployed so probably a public defender that we'll walk threw the process with but i'm not backing down and paying there fine, hell no, not happening. My helper got cited to even though he was not on the dredge nozzle so getting his dropped, this is B.S i'm not going to get walked on by this state, nuff said, anyone with helpful info can contact me threw the board or i'll pass you on an email address if you want to forward something, hoser, russau any others that want to help i'd appreciate your assistance and I do have a person who's done a great deal of home work on this who will be helping amongst others here .

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vini

Five bucks to park at Squaw Leap, no charge at Briceburg unless you are in the campgrounds. Went to Briceburg, found what looked like a grea tpiece of broken bedrock in a gulch coming off of the hill, but not much there. Very hot up there today, so we came home early..... Good luck tommorrow

It was real hot the day i went also, got down to the river and breeze was blowing down the canyon felt good near the water, one problem with video i took was wind, i need a filter and microphone for my camera so it filters out wind sounds.

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
vini said:
WELP you guys get to go threw a it with me here, i got cited today for dredging with out a permit and yeah, i'm fighting it, so stay tuned to the next episode.

I'll post how things go but need to remain mum for a bit until we get our first court appearance, then i'll give brief updates. Will be in contact with PLP and see where to go as far as legal defender, i'm unemployed so probably a public defender that we'll walk threw the process with but i'm not backing down and paying there fine, hell no, not happening. My helper got cited to even though he was not on the dredge nozzle so getting his dropped, this is B.S i'm not going to get walked on by this state, nuff said, anyone with helpful info can contact me threw the board or i'll pass you on an email address if you want to forward something, hoser, russau any others that want to help i'd appreciate your assistance and I do have a person who's done a great deal of home work on this who will be helping amongst others here .

Good luck in your fight. I live in Washington, but I still prospect. You are not alone.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope not alone PLP on board as are many others, case studys and mining laws will be our foundation and will go with the facts which facts are nothing preempts congress's law so they can KMA im going for broke ....

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Vini,

Go get 'em!!!

I find it odd that here in California, they close down all the pot shops because Fed laws trump State laws. But when it comes to dredging, the Feds are backing State Law over Fed Law, what gives? Good Luck Vini!!!

P.S. Not to give up secrets but can you tell us where they sited you?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i can only imagine what the wacoenviromentalists are thinking as they read these forums!and then try to think of who they are going to try to find while out in the woods! dont give to many location points/referances and make it EZ for them! OR is there another plan????:)

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am thinking a couple of hundred of us, give locations where we will not be out dredging and let them chase some rainbows:hello2:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

Hey Vini.....can you post a copy of the citation? That would help us help you and others as we can help do research on this.

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Vini
as Hefty sayd please post a copy of the citation u got and what county u were in as we may be able to help on this and i will shin some light on this also with the sheriff of that county i have been involved with the sheriffs out there helping them fight the USFS and the BLM on the road closers and them harassing the miners in Oregon.

a fello dredger ....RANGER

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I know Vini needs to keep a lid on this until his first court appearance, so those of you who want to help, send Vini a fax number and maybe he can fax it to you and still keep a low profile. I do believe that Hoser was correct in that some authorities are monitoring this board. JMHO

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I know Vini needs to keep a lid on this until his first court appearance, so those of you who want to help, send Vini a fax number and maybe he can fax it to you and still keep a low profile. I do believe that Hoser was correct in that some authorities are monitoring this board. JMHO

Well his first court appearence would not be hurt by posting his citation as that is just a simple guilty or not guilty with maybe motions to dismiss.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is there to hide or keep on the down low when vini intintionally set out to be cited?What if the courtroom is full of supporters? realize this is not going to be a big deal in the room that day he will just be another name on the dockett......a citation is a citation its a misdomeanor offense.....the judge isn't gonna let it take longer than it should there are gonna be several cases that all have the same appearence time that day and he will work his way down and get to Vini when his case comes up give him the chance to pay his fine or set a date to plead his case....and in that later date when Vini is told he has to pay his fine everyone will see what happens when you get cited for dredging without a permit.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you can explain how they can cite him for no permit, when they are not issuing permits? As far as keeping it quiet, "
I'll post how things go but need to remain mum for a bit until we get our first court appearance, then i'll give brief updates" That is a direct quote from Vini's post . I just suggested a avenue where those who wish to help, could do so discreetly. Any further ? should probably be relayed directly to Vini via PM. It was not my intention to try and speak for Vini, but to try and help without going against his posted wishes....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are no hairs to split wether the Law on the books says You can't dredge or you cant dredge without a permit, it says plainly you CAN NOT DREDGE.....Vini is not the first citation issuesd I don't feel he is going to set case law..... I wish it would....I dont think that if one hundred guys went out on one day in one hundred different spots it would mean anything other than one hundred chances of citations being issued. As far as the states says and as far as the judge will be concerned Vini broke a rule WITH INTENT......how do you really think that is gonna go really?????what if it does set case law in the WRONG way??????this is not like heftys case where the F.S. did him wrong by the books, is it???????? Vini knew That if he got caught he would be cited..I am interested in how it comes out in the end however I think I know how it will end up and there will be no ground gained for the dredging community as it is actually sidestepping the current fight.I dont think the judge is going to get into the wheres or whys. I do wish the hair was there to split but, what if the judge doesn't and just decides based on the facts of the incident not the fact that Vini believes his right to dredge was wronfully taken from him( wich i also believe) some here at this point will dislike me over my comments on this post and claim i may not feel that way, and actually even on the otherside.....wich is not true i just felt like chiming in....Wish Vini luck and I hope to LEGALLY dredge again one day in Cali.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions