Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bill-costa rica
  • 1 Post By panningjack
  • 1 Post By Hoser John
  • 2 Post By Steve Herschbach

Thread: Dredge Flow Rates

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
    48 times
    Metal Detecting

Dredge Flow Rates

I thought this might help:

DREDGE FLOW RATE

DREDGE SIZE WEIGHT CAPACITY
    2 inch 45 Lbs 2 yards per hour
    2 inch 67 Lbs 4 yards per hour
    3 inch 87 Lbs 6 yards per hour
    4 inch 121+ Lbs 10 yards per hour
    5 inch 221+ Lbs 16 yards per hour
    6 inch 646+ Lbs 25 yards per hour
    8 inch 859+ Lbs 35 yards per hour

Dredge weight very by manufacturer and therefor approximate.
    Gold Rush Guys - Gold Prospecting Supplies and Metal Detectors

http://www.goldrushguys.com

Carolina Dealer for XP DEUS The Worlds First TOTALLY Wireless Metal Detector!

XP DEUS World's First TOTALLY wireless Detector , Detector Pro Detectors and Headphones, Fisher Labs, Teknetics and Tesoro Metal Detectors. The GOLD CUBE, TURBO PAN, FALCON MD20, Buckabilly Sluices, Gold-N-Sand, California Sluice Box, JOBE Manufacturing & MORE!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1806 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    HAHAHAHAH when donkeys fly and chickens talk-those rates are beach sand unpacked and NOT based on real conditions. That thang(see pic) fell apart and quit working in first 1 1/2 hours of use...... John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3031.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	925.2 KB 
ID:	793995  

cr
    Sep 2010
    playa samara
    sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
    118 times
    by your figures with my 10 in I should move 60 to 70 yards an hour. I can only dream, I sure wish it was true. in the real world conditions working a river with not winching boulders I feel good if I move 10 to 15 yards and hour. that number is seldom met.

bill/cr
    Gravel Hog likes this.

us
    Gold Dredger 2nd Generation

Dec 2010
    N. Cal - Born & Raised
    63 times
    Prospecting
    60 yards an hour I want some of that.

us
    Apr 2013
    Nampa, Idaho
    Whites Classic 3
    62 times
    EPA is going to get ahold of those figures and try to use them against us
    russau likes this.

cr
    Sep 2010
    playa samara
    sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
    118 times
    these numbers have been around for years, different manufacturers at different times have published them to sell their stuff. all say is it has the possibility of working this well.
    if someone wants to use these numbers they should have 30 years of history to get these false numbers. posting them here is no big deal.

bill/cr

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1806 times
    CDFG utilized that insipid garbage in their failed SEIR--what a hoax-John
    russau likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
    48 times
    Metal Detecting
    These numbers are all from Keene.

XP DEUS World's First TOTALLY wireless Detector , Detector Pro Detectors and Headphones, Fisher Labs, Teknetics and Tesoro Metal Detectors. The GOLD CUBE, TURBO PAN, FALCON MD20, Buckabilly Sluices, Gold-N-Sand, California Sluice Box, JOBE Manufacturing & MORE!

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    48 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    HAHAHAHAH when donkeys fly and chickens talk-those rates are beach sand unpacked and NOT based on real conditions. That thang(see pic) fell apart and quit working in first 1 1/2 hours of use...... John
    FYI John. That's a Velox From Nokta and has nothing to do with the XP DEUS or the XP Company that I sell.

VELOX ONE - Nokta Metal Detectors - Gold Detectors, Metal Detectors, Treasure Detectors, Hobby Metal Detectors.

It's made in Turkey.

Just thought you'd like to know.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    1806 times
    Thanx as a real turkey it is-John

Charter Member
    us
    DetectorProspector.com

Apr 2005
    Reno, Nevada
    At the moment: Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro; Garrett ATX; Minelab CTX 3030, GPX 5000; White's DFX, GM3, GMT, TDI, Surf PI DF
    529 times
    Prospecting
    The numbers being published by Keene does not make them legit. They have no bearing on reality except as a theoretical calculation by an engineer. Divide the Keene figures by four and you get in the ballpark for good material. Even less for hard pack, lots of boulders, etc.

I certainly do not blame anyone quoting the figures due to the source but they are also a source of constant grief to people using the numbers to figure out what size dredge they need or how many yards they can move and therefore how much gold they might get. And as John notes inflating the figures also inflates environmental concerns.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    48 times
    Metal Detecting
    I appreciate y'all letting me know the numbers are wrong. I have owned 5 dredges in the last 2 years. 1 1/2" to 4". It certainly seems like my 2 1/2" can move more than 1 (4/4 = 1) cubic yard of dirt a hour. And my 3" Keene Ultra Mini with the 6.5HP Honda was a beast at moving dirt.

I'll have to tell Keene their numbers are grossly over inflated. I'm sure they will love that. LOL
    Last edited by charlotte49er; May 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    Murfreesboro tn
    221 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte49er
    I appreciate y'all letting me know the numbers are wrong. I have owned 5 dredges in the last 2 years. 1 1/2" to 4". It certainly seems like my 2 1/2" can move more than 1 (4/4 = 1) cubic yard of dirt a hour. And my 3" Keene Ultra Mini with the 6.5HP Honda was a beast at moving dirt.

I'll have to tell Keene their numbers are grossly over inflated. I'm sure they will love that. LOL
    They list those as loose gravels and sand. Only !!!
    Every place is different ..how much hard pack ,clay .average size of cobbles ect
    Plus he operator makes a huge difference..... It's just ment to give you a idea of the capable volume.
    Iv seen some fellas run 2 and 3" machines and dig faster than some others with 5 and 6 "
    Some folks just poke around down there while other cut right thru the stuff like there's no tomorrow....
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who your not!

Sponsors