Tuning Your Dredge

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video, are you piecing the mat together or is that one piece? I was thinking about trying it in my 2.5" Keene dredge.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video, are you piecing the mat together or is that one piece? I was thinking about trying it in my 2.5" Keene dredge.

All the mats are sold in strips, so it's all pieced together if that's what you mean.
We vary the mats throughout the sluice depending on what the water is doing at that point in the sluice.
Doc

Sifty

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2019
York county SC
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a question. I purchased the Raptor 2.0 and converted it to a 2.5 inch dredge. I have the Northstar 94 psi high pressure pump powering it. What is a good initial pitch to start off on since its a dredge now and also how much water flow is optimal? I installed a ball valve at the pump as well. I really hadn't figured it out as a highbanker before the conversion so im kind of lost to be honest

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a question. I purchased the Raptor 2.0 and converted it to a 2.5 inch dredge. I have the Northstar 94 psi high pressure pump powering it. What is a good initial pitch to start off on since its a dredge now and also how much water flow is optimal? I installed a ball valve at the pump as well. I really hadn't figured it out as a highbanker before the conversion so im kind of lost to be honest

I think the best advice is to study Doc's videos. The pitch and flow highbanker and dredge should be the same.

Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread