common sense

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was at the maine dredge hearings and spent a fair ammount of time contacting the lawmakwrs trying to wake them up and present them with facts so they had scince based information. My time was wasted and my effot in vain. I have put a lot of thought into those hearings and others that have taken place cross the country where we have lost and continue to have of rights taken away...then i had a thought...anyone here ever been diviorced? If you were getting diviorced would you go befor the judge and represent yourself? Probably not the best idea....how about firearms,,,who would still have a rifle or pistol without the n.r.a in our corrner...my thought is this..my lawywr ripped my ex a new axxhole in court, my lawyer was buddies with the judge and my exwifes lawyer, knew the ins and outs of the system,,,much like trout unlimiteds man in maine is chums with the maine reps...we miners need -in my opinion- national miners assoc. Representing us that knows how to play the game and win...having people like me speak infront of reps. Dose little to nothing...i wacthed the idaho dredgers presentation,,very well done,,how much would it really coat to have a couple of lawyers working on this,,someone to organize a spearhead the fight...we hear it ll the time, do something or loose your rights,,,well i think that goes for large mining organizations too...create a miners organization that has our backs,,i thought thats what the gpaa was but saw what a joke that was at the hearings,,comprimising our rights away.......time is getting short folks,,

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were on the right track when you spoke of how judges and lawyers make back room deals.
It's all about money nowadays (always has been)

In my opinion it's who ever makes the best back room deal wins the case. Doesn't matter one bit what gets said in court or by whom the deal has already been made before court ever convenes. The court room drama is all just for show.

Same thing happens in Washington DC only it's called lobbying. What it really is, is corruption.

GG~

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idaho governor just signed a bill banning ALL new restrictions on guns so maybe he'll help out with dredging also?? He said now it's time to GO BACK and go through and review old fed bs on guns too. Sounds like a good man or just another paid for politician?? Hay NRA cash counts too but at least a win for the 2nd amendment somewhat-John

lyco panner

Sep 2, 2012
I agree with Timber jack we need a good lawyer to help fight for our rights since the gpaa is not helping at all

OP
OP
T

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think its more learning how to play the game. Groups like the serria fund, trout unlimited and the center for biodiversity have figured it out,,lawyers and lobbiests,,,when they see us in court or infront of some committe they laugh!!!you can have all the facts you want on your side,,unless you have influance you have nothing,,,influance is who you know and are connected with...the trout unlimited man in maine knew everyone on the enviro committe,,,one of the members of the enviro committe said to him DURING THE PROCEEDINGS. "We missed you at dinner at the club the other night" now thats influance!!! Trout unlimited has been planning their attack for years, they have been making friends in high places for years,,they have a strong organization with many passionate supporters who actually do something thy are concerned about other than ***** about it......now when i joined the gpaa thats the kind of organization i thought i was joining,,,a group that would fight for my rights,,,,but,,,the maine gpaa groupe was on their own to fight the ban,,,they are people like you and me,,not lawyers,,,they worked hard and did what they thought was right,,,but in the end they got SCREWED! instead of helping in they fight i was told by Brad Jones that it was up to us to fight,,,,i guess they were too busyMINING THE MINERS AND LINING THEIR POCKETS, making t.v. shows that make miners look like ******s,,greaat job guys,,thanks for having my back,,,dont whine about it if your not going to do anything about it

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always backed the Pacific Legal Foundation and now they have interceded into the dredge fight also. NOW maybe something can be finally done as the rest of the stuff submitted to the judge is a cruel joke. We had it ALL in 94 but miners rights activists killed it all-John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gov Otter is a good guy.He is a former electrician-a working man . He has actually had a job in his life and knows what it is live out here in the wilderness. If we can ever get the EPA Nullification Bill to him , I'm sure we stand a fighting chance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread