affordable full face mask and regulator for hookah?

mpgken

Oct 3, 2016
Montana in winter and Yukon in summer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, is there any full face mask with or without regulator for Hookah that isn't $1000? I have looked for hours online.

Leisure Pro recommended Ocean Reef Neptune Space 50/60 Full Face Mask for Hookah/Surface Supplied Air. But it is $1,000. The mask with regulator for tank diving is only $585!

I don't understand why the regulator for hookah would add over $600 to the cost of the unit.

I am not trying to be cheap but I can't see where swapping one regulator for another would add so much to the cost.

Is there a reasonably priced mask and regulator available anywhere?

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look up AMRON International. They have various types and prices.

Just remember...$10 helmet for a $10 head. Look carefully at depth limitations and required over bottom pressure at depth. Most standard regulators can keep up with shallow depths though.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one will sell for $200 with regulator, professionally rebuilt to work with hookah.
Used it for a season then sold dredge, so I no longer need it.

20170301_181022.jpg 20170301_180930.jpg
20170301_180906.jpg 20170301_181010.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
In the past I used (and some people HATE them) the Scotts 2 firemans mask! Trouble is , the lense is curved and distorts your vision. It makes everything appear to be closer. It makes some people feel sick while looking through it . BUT for me it was a cheap full coverage mask while dredge in cold water. You can buy them cheaply of ebay / craigslist . The flat lense is the absolute best if you can afford them and GGs offer is a good one! I would have bought it but (I think) I just sold my 4 inch Keene dredge. Ill know for sure when the $$$ hits my hand! But I still might have a use for it!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input. I'll check out those places you all recommended. GG I will message you about your mask, thanks.

Thanks for the purchase. Mask is on it's way.
Will pm you the tracking #

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread