Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: California to Allow Suction Dredging in 2019?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2012
    AK,S.OR,N.Cal
    MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, pro pointer, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes
    46 times
    Prospecting
    Disturbing murcury hot spots is exactly the activity that this ban is supposed to put an end to! I know you recover 99 percent or better and think you are helping. But, this is partly why dredging is not allowed at all right now! When/if we get back to work in CA, there will be a substantial effort to identify and CLOSE areas known as murcury "hot spots"
    If I owned a claim that I wanted to dredge, I would NOT mention the mercury AT ALL TO ANYONE. This may be hard to grasp, but it is time to actually work with government agencies, for a solution to the supposed problems dredgers may cause. Not against them.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10864 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterbill View Post
    Disturbing murcury hot spots is exactly the activity that this ban is supposed to put an end to! I know you recover 99 percent or better and think you are helping. But, this is partly why dredging is not allowed at all right now! When/if we get back to work in CA, there will be a substantial effort to identify and CLOSE areas known as murcury "hot spots"
    If I owned a claim that I wanted to dredge, I would NOT mention the mercury AT ALL TO ANYONE. This may be hard to grasp, but it is time to actually work with government agencies, for a solution to the supposed problems dredgers may cause. Not against them.

Sorry but NO! The dredge ban is not because of mercury hot spots.

There have been no documented cases of dredges disturbing and therefore migrating a " mercury hot spot"

Every year nature does it however. Moving some making some bigger.

The "government" does not want to work with anyone.

In fact this is not happening because of the government.

People in the private sector make their living "fighting" resource users and fooling the public with terms like

"mercury hot spots"

They are working as hard as they can to create the myth that there is mercury everywhere.

That way they don't have to hunt down and "close" those pesky yet always hard to locate " hot spots"

They just close everything. They appreciate your help.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1508 times
    Prospecting
    This is what happens when a government is allowed to make law based on emotion instead of facts.
    It's funny that they want to arrest dredgers and at the same time there are commercial airliners filling the skies with chemtrails to help the forests burn haha.
    It's all about the children till its not!
    Oddjob likes this.

Mar 2016
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chlsbrns View Post
    We did some dredging in California this past winter without any problems but we were dredging for mercury. Mercury is not a mineral so we were not dredging as defined in the ban. We also opened up a tunnel for later exploration to protect our rights to the minerals.

Under new state law effective January 1, 2016, the use of vacuum or suction dredge equipment is defined to mean the use of a mechanized or motorized system for removing or assisting in the removal of, or the processing of, material from the bed, bank, or channel of a river, stream, or lake in order to recover minerals.

As stated we dredged in order to recover mercury

"damn, all we found was a bunch of gold"

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1508 times
    Prospecting
    I dont see the issue if you can still dredge for mercury. Sounds like its figured out to me. Just gotta tell them what they want to hear sometimes.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    9442 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    I dont see the issue if you can still dredge for mercury. Sounds like its figured out to me. Just gotta tell them what they want to hear sometimes.
    There is no suction dredging allowed in California. Mercury is an element just the same as gold and they are both valuable minerals under the law. There is no exemption for mercury mining.

Somebody enjoys pulling legs. That was the tugging sensation you were feeling while you were reading the BS about dredging mercury in California. Just that simple.

Heavy Pans

us
    Mar 2012
    1620 times
    That comes under the legal doctrine of " If it looks like a duck.."

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6570 times
    Nuttn' but a pipe dream of a bygone era now. RIP dredging sic sic sic illegal takings absolutely through tainted biology and mercury mania. John

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links