2020 Highbanking in California ..legal or not on private property ?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"private"

who are you telling?Did you post a notice in the town square that you bought a pump at harbor freight?

does the county code enforcement polo shirt guy get to use your 20% off coupon too?

OP
OP
Relichunter1

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher,

Good point, and no I don't buy cheap Chinese pumps or tools....I've been out of the gold washing business since the 2009 moratorium. Thought perhaps SB637 something new in regulations but I have fouind out since than our Supreme Court has screwed us too.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems the real issue would be whether the private property owner has water and mineral rights.

If they do have both and they give you permission then what's to stop you?

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
Relichunter1

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good comments fellas....and yes California is over regulated do to the government the coastal folks keep voting in....but the damn weather is great year round. We have the desert, mountains and coast, all within a few hours drive. But a price to pay for it, thats for sure.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher,

Good point, and no I don't buy cheap Chinese pumps or tools....I've been out of the gold washing business since the 2009 moratorium. Thought perhaps SB637 something new in regulations but I have fouind out since than our Supreme Court has screwed us too.

Kinda funny since Japan gets all of their "Honda" engines from china.

OP
OP
Relichunter1

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some are..others are not...they have 5 major manufacturing plants, one in the U.S. All pass Q.C. GX series primarily made in Thailandl, GC series in the U.S. Engines for the U.S. market are primarily sourced from Japan, U.S. and Thailand. So you are only partial correct......kinda funny.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda funny since Japan gets all of their "Honda" engines from china.

Yea I've been more than happy with harbor freight pumps. and my generator.

I pay for performance not branding.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My 6.5 hp Honda chinese knock off was a first pull starter and ran the p180 pump pump great. Been gathering dust for a number of years here in Oregon though.

akflyer

Jun 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the northstar HP pump and put it on my chinese engine. Pretty sure it was 160 bucks for the pump and 99 for the HF predator engine. Does all I ask of it and more.

OP
OP
Relichunter1

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you need to rely on an engine day in and day out it may be worth the coin to spring for the Honda. Otherwise for intermittent use I don't think you can go wrong with the clones even though they burn more oil, have more vibration and very noisey. If a Chonda is your thing....its your thing...especially if you use it once in a while for prospecting and mining.

Last edited:

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3

If you need to rely on an engine day in and day out it may be worth the coin to spring for the Honda. Otherwise for intermittent use I don't think you can go wrong with the clones even though they burn more oil, have more vibration and very noisey. If a Chonda is your thing....its your thing...especially if you use it once in a while for prospecting and mining.

For the cost of a Honda you can buy 2-3 harbor freight knock offs. Makes it handy to swap a motor in the field rather than travel back to town too

OP
OP
Relichunter1

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Honda GX 160 and lent it out to some friends 5 years ago...finally traced it last year and went over to pick it up from a friend of that friend I lent it to. It was stored outside under an oak tree, leaves covering it...:dontknow:...I cringed and took it back home. Replaced the oil and one pull it started..:headbang:. Try that with a Chonda!

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I stand corrected....https://engines.honda.com/company/about-us
and comparing HF to Honda:https://www.consumerreports.org/inv...-eu2000it1a1-recreational-inverter-generator/

Just to clarify I have 5 small Hondas that perform great (also two semi-basket case Hondas, one on a two man post hole auger the other on a non-working generator [motors are fine the gen trashed]). But I also have two Harbor Freight generators (with extended warranties) a 4000 that runs all day every other day then a 12volt battery bank/inverter the other days and a 6500 Harbor Freight for my mig welder and clothes dryer. They perform well and like you know at less than half the cost of Hondas. Being off the grid it is also a matter of matching "funds" with "needs" on a daily basis. I think not to long ago I counted about 13 small engines on the claim here....from weed wrackers to a 1984 Honda BigRed three wheeler. Spare time....no such thing. We also live under some kinda "EQUIPMENT VORTEX" that kicks in just about 3/4s of the way thru my to-do list.
But getting off track about the highbanking issue. I think anyone following my posts for the past 10 years knows how I feel......camo paint everything!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread