Hefty hunk of pewter from the dumpster!

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just went to a dumpster that only metal gets put in. Was looking for a crappy pan for camping this weekend (don't have any of my camping gear right now sadly) and while I did find a sweet pan the better score came from behind the dumpster!
Got this huge pewter pitcher! I need as much pewter as I can find for a project so this is a great score! Just as scrap pewter it is worth $35 at least! It weighs a ton!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493181391.835343.jpg
Also got an old military/Boy Scout canteen from the same place which is pretty cool.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing it is monogrammed and I'm not going to be selling it; was just tossing it around and missed the catch and now it has a huge dent! Oh well! It is being melted down anyways!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, ill bite. Why were you tossing it around?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How can one be Bored with the Inturweb at your fingertips? And a campus full of prime females to boot?
You yunguns are spoilt.:unhappysmiley:

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can one be Bored with the Inturweb at your fingertips? And a campus full of prime females to boot?
You yunguns are spoilt.:unhappysmiley:

I just wanted to go hiking. But my foot wasn't fully healed yet from being broken. And I had ran out of food. Also all the attractive/fun girls on campus are already in relationships.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ethanfez, you cant think like that. Get out there and have fun and you WILL attract fun people to play with.

Seriously, studies first, then enjoy college life to the fullest (and don't piss it away in a semi conscious state- no offense, I don't know you and theres a LOT of people that waste their life like that).

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to go hiking. But my foot wasn't fully healed yet from being broken. And I had ran out of food. Also all the attractive/fun girls on campus are already in relationships.

Oh that is so not true. The attractive/fun girls pretend they are in relationships. If I could go back in time to my college days, I'm not sure it would be different but man I've got a pretty good/crazy story if you want to hear it send me a PM because I'm sure as heck not posting on here! It was the worst day of my life, and ended up being the best experience ever.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that is so not true. The attractive/fun girls pretend they are in relationships. If I could go back in time to my college days, I'm not sure it would be different but man I've got a pretty good/crazy story if you want to hear it send me a PM because I'm sure as heck not posting on here! It was the worst day of my life, and ended up being the best experience ever.

I am friends with most of them and have met their bf. I'm not half as stupid as people seem to be implying I am. And the guy above you seems to totally have glossed over the part where my foot was broken.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wonder who and why somebody thrown away a piece of pewter in great condition. Good for you.

OP
OP
ethanfez

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wonder who and why somebody thrown away a piece of pewter in great condition. Good for you.

It is the local thrift store. It is the first thing of pewter I have seen them throw out. I have bought a lot of other pewter from them though. It could be because it is engraved.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't count out the not-quite-as-attractive girls! They try harder and tend to be less of a headache. I'm sure you could find one or two that could come over and take your mind off that foot.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't count out the not-quite-as-attractive girls! They try harder and tend to be less of a headache. I'm sure you could find one or two that could come over and take your mind off that foot.

"Warm in the winter and shade in the summer."

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ethan, you may be missing out on the best women in the
school.

Trust me, the "attractiveness" doesn't last too long, so find a girl that
is a good person, intelligent and whose company you enjoy..the hell
with the looks.

Everybody has a carcass they are born with...for the most part we don't
get to pick whether we are attractive, or not. Most of the so-called attractive girls
I went to school with weren't worth a tinkers damn when it came to being decent
human beings.

What is under our control is the kind of person that lives in our factory made
container. Who she is comes first, and what she looks like is secondary.

BTW, I don't think you're stupid at all, but I have lived a hellofa lot longer
than you have, and the above is just a bit of wisdom learned the hard way.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need as much pewter as I can find for a project so this is a great score! Just as scrap pewter it is worth $35 at least! It weighs a ton!

I used to buy all I could find at yard sales. I usually tried for $1 per piece. I would melt down and cast into bars and sell for $10 lb on ebay. Always sold every lot. People bought it for pouring their own bullets and casting lead soldiers.

When melting you can clean the crap that floats to the top with a bee's wax candle. Just stick it in the molten pewter and stir a couple of times, put in a spoon and spoon it out. Be careful, too much liquid wax could catch fire on the top of your molten metal. A ***** to put out. (t-net won't let me say female dog but I got away with crap) Don't use fire extinguisher or bucket of water, instant volcano. Only happened to me once. I just pulled the plug on my melter and let it burn out.

Attachments

• PEWTER-1.jpg
    PEWTER-1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 108

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions