Official Equinox Headphone Thread

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I got the Miccus ones "Used - Like New" from Amazon Warehouse for about $35.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
There 39 to 55 on eBay. 39 with no box and 7 dollars shipping or 55 with box and free shipping. I got it with the box. Never know when I might need a box.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I just ordered a pair of [FONT=&quot]Paww WaveSound 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 low latency (34ms) over-the-ear headphones on an Amazon Lightning sale for $39.99. Says they normally are $69.99. I figure I'll give them a whirl![/FONT]

Buddy_TX

Greenie
May 25, 2017
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
CZ 21
AT Pro
AT MAX
Whites TR Amphibian
Tesoro Stringray
Detector Pro Wader
Detector Pro Priate
Tesoro Silver Saber
Garret S1, S2, S3 (TR machines )
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The miccus sr 71s are the minelab phones. Miccus makes them for Minelab with minelabs name on them

Buddy_TX

Greenie
May 25, 2017
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
CZ 21
AT Pro
AT MAX
Whites TR Amphibian
Tesoro Stringray
Detector Pro Wader
Detector Pro Priate
Tesoro Silver Saber
Garret S1, S2, S3 (TR machines )
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I called minelab and they said 6 to 10 weeks yet. they will post on there website when ready with prices

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any more info/experience with APTX low latency earbuds. Don't really want to wear full headphones as its starting to get warmer out. Ive seen some reference to Sennheiser CX 6.00bt being low latency but they are $100

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree with devldog. I too have the Gray ghost headphones and they are great. They are more tall than round. Oblong I guess you would say. And they sound good. I use the same set on my F75 and my White. Just a thought. Good luck getting it right.:dontknow:

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hunted now 5 times with the Miccus SR71's and they are very nice with APTX LL. No delay noticeable at all. I do notice that they can at times over-modulate but i think its because i had my volume on the EQ600 too high, and the miccus volume too low at the time. But reality is, they work very nicely and charge lasts a long time - atleast double the EQ600 charge so no worries with power. Now... if they would just release some waterproof minelab headphones for the NOX I could stop worrying about dipping my head in the water! :)

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be testing the SoundPeats Q12 and Q30 earbuds when my 600 arrives on Wednesday. I play FPS computer games and musical instruments, so if there is any noticeable lag I will move up to the Sennheiser LL earbuds and let you all know how it goes. APTx 4.2 is pretty fast, but that extra (up to) 80ms might make it unusable.

Last edited:

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know why it wouldn't. But if your earbuds are wired, just plug them into the WM-08

The 600 doesn’t come with a WM 08. I’m sure ML will want big bucks for that accessory. This transceiver is only $30.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more info/experience with APTX low latency earbuds. Don't really want to wear full headphones as its starting to get warmer out. Ive seen some reference to Sennheiser CX 6.00bt being low latency but they are $100

Plus I noticed battery duration was only 6 hours for the sennheisers and they are NOT sweat proof or water resistant at all...

Here are a couple of off brand earbuds that claim APTX LL compatibility:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-EC...4&keywords=aptx+low+latency+bluetooth+earbuds

https://www.amazon.com/X-Buds-Metal...ords=aptx+low+latency+bluetooth+earbuds&psc=1

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the summer I use my Atari speakerhat. Stereo Bluetooth speakers with mic.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the summer I use my Atari speakerhat. Stereo Bluetooth speakers with mic.

Was wondering two things with this: Would the nuanced tones come across any better than just using the speaker? And not being APTX LL BT, would the lag be tolerable? Have you had a chance to test them out with the Equinox yet?

In summer it is nice not to have to put anything over your ears so this is an interesting solution.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not yet tried the hat on the nox as it has been cold here. I have never noticed lag as an issue on any headphones on any machine- I guess it is just not something I look for or that bothers me?

Here are the specs-

The Atari Speakerhat is designed to be ultra-thin and lightweight. The technology inside consists of proprietary high-fidelity stereo speakers and microphone, V 4.1 CSR/Qualcomm® cVc™ audio technology, 5-band EQ, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP v1.4) and Headset Profile (HSP v1.2), rechargeable lithium Ion battery, universal control button, and LED indicator light.

Also works good for playing video games, listening to music while in the garage, working on car, going on a walk, etc. Has a mic built in and can be used for phone calls so you can leave your phone in your pocket.

I have the Pong version.

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be testing the SoundPeats Q12 and Q30 earbuds when my 600 arrives on Wednesday. I play FPS computer games and musical instruments, so if there is any noticeable lag I will move up to the Sennheiser LL earbuds and let you all know how it goes. APTx 4.2 is pretty fast, but that extra (up to) 80ms might make it unusable.

SoudPeats APTx 4.1 earbuds both test about the same (Q12 and Q30, personally I prefer the fit of the Q12). I'd say they are well within spec, at roughly 50-100ms. There is about an inch or two of latency noticeable at an average swing speed. However, I don't seem to have any problems wiggle pinpointing on targets so far. Pinpointing with Pinpoint feature is a little more difficult. You just have to go pretty slow when pinpointing. I think the Sennheiser LL earbuds are probably worth it, but I will try and grab them on sale. All in all, cheap $25 earbuds will totally get the job done, in my opinion.

Last edited:

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
I heard the Piezo type headphones not good for Equinox: THe Gray Ghost Amphibian use piezo type speakers, then it isn't good for Equinox? ( I have one for GGA original made for Garret Gold)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions