Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The manufacturer does not yet seem to have retail distribution for these in western countries. Once they do the price should be under $30.00. If you are willing to order 100 pair probably under $20.00.

I used them for about 2 hours yesterday. They were extremely comfortable, no pressure or heat on my ears. They stay in place perfectly. I like the design with the behind the head strap rather than the dangling cord type. Very little to snag going under trees or around brush when woods hunting.

I have hearing loss and found they were load enough at 21 on a windy day yet still allow you to be aware of your surroundings. Tones in both 5 and 50 were not much different than the ML HPs. Bass is not as deep on just about any earbuds. There is no discernible lag!

For music they are not as good as my Shure wired Earbuds; but they cost over 6 times as much.

For detecting they are just what I was looking for.

Nice report! Just to confirm, they DID connect to the machine utilizing the low-latency codec (i.e. the "+" sign showed up in the machine's display, next to the Bluetooth icon?)

Steve

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto, I would be happy to part with $40 to get a pair. I reached out to the manufacturer but they indicated they were not available.

Time for a group buy. One place they have them listed indicates a minimum purchase of 100 units, At that price they would cost less than $20.00 without shipping. So they could probably be landed and reshipped for less than the $40.00 mentioned.

The "sample" I received cost me $37.50 landed and was money well spent so far.

Hopefully they or another company will soon have a western distributor of Aptx LL earbuds available for around $25.00.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice report! Just to confirm, they DID connect to the machine utilizing the low-latency codec (i.e. the "+" sign showed up in the machine's display, next to the Bluetooth icon?)

Steve

Steve,

You should be be able to see that in the first picture in post #110. "+" for sure.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SORRY, parkgt! Not only does the picture clearly show it, you even said it explicitly, in post 110. Somehow, I missed those few posts...

:icon_scratch:

My bad!

Steve

lutz

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered these from the bay. Will let you know out come when I get them - $27

Aptx Low Latency Bluetooth Headphones, Mini In Ear Bluetooth 4.1 Magnetic Snug
NO AUDIO DELAY WHILE WATCHING TV or PC GAMING: These top-rated wireless Bluetooth headphones work with any aptX low-latency supported Bluetooth transmitter for minimal audio delay of 32-40ms (non-detectable by human ear) for a lag-free audio experience. (If your TV is not Bluetooth-equipped you will need a SEPARATE transmitter to connect to it.). Connectivity Technology: Wired/Wireless

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those should work, looks like they are also available at the jungle river store for almost ten dollars less.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ordered these from the bay. Will let you know out come when I get them - $27

Aptx Low Latency Bluetooth Headphones, Mini In Ear Bluetooth 4.1 Magnetic Snug
NO AUDIO DELAY WHILE WATCHING TV or PC GAMING: These top-rated wireless Bluetooth headphones work with any aptX low-latency supported Bluetooth transmitter for minimal audio delay of 32-40ms (non-detectable by human ear) for a lag-free audio experience. (If your TV is not Bluetooth-equipped you will need a SEPARATE transmitter to connect to it.). Connectivity Technology: Wired/Wireless

I don’t see a link or picture? What’s the manufacturer?
Or is my browser jacked up?

lutz

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t see a link or picture? What’s the manufacturer?
Or is my browser jacked up?

Don't know if its ok to post a url (web address) on this site. Use the search term (the text in quotes) on ebay to find listing. Look at the one for $27.12. The description says "low latency (32-40ms) but other sellers are selling what looks like the exact same earbuds but their description says 170ms.

So as I said - will see the results when I get them next week.

Side note - can't find the site "jungle river store" referenced in an earlier post.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starts with an "A". Lol.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That doesnt sound like the name if a jungle river to me...lol.

lutz

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if its ok to post a url (web address) on this site. Use the search term (the text in quotes) on ebay to find listing. Look at the one for $27.12. The description says "low latency (32-40ms) but other sellers are selling what looks like the exact same earbuds but their description says 170ms.

So as I said - will see the results when I get them next week.

Side note - can't find the site "jungle river store" referenced in an earlier post.

Earbuds are acekool bt-519 and they are NOT aptx-LL

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boo!

Are you not getting the "+" symbol when you pair them up with the Equinox, Lutz?

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Minelab is already in full production making the Equinoxs to support the huge back log and the demand, I personally wouldn't be looking for the waterproof headphones or adapters for 6-8+ weeks depending on how long it takes ML to catch up with the Equinox demand. As the old saying goes, "it is what it is."

I thought I read somewhere the Equinox was made in China ... is there a shortage of Chinese electronic assemblers there?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Malaysia. The factory can only produce so many Equinoxes a day for an unprecedented worldwide demand. It indeed is what it is...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I read somewhere the Equinox was made in China ... is there a shortage of Chinese electronic assemblers there?

It is made in Malaysia not China in the Plexus plant and their production line for the Equinox is running at max. All of Minelabs hobby detectors are made in the Plexus plant. One assembly line per model.

[h=2]Codan Group’s Manufacturing Service Provider[/h][FONT=&quot]
Minelab%20plexus.png
Since December 2009, the Codan Group’s manufacturing service provider, Plexus Corp, a US company, situated in Penang, Malaysia has been responsible for the majority of Minelab’s worldwide metal detector production. Minelab is proud of its association with its outsource partner in Malaysia. Genuine Minelab metal detectors are exclusively manufactured by Minelab in Australia and by Plexus Corp, USA in the Malaysian facility.
[/FONT]

https://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/knowledge-base/history

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miccus SR-71 Stealth Headphones are the same as minelab ml80's?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread