Official Equinox Headphone Thread

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't read any discussion of using a APTX LL Transceiver like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=psdc_10110414011_t2_B072YYZDPP. I just got my 600 and wanted to use wired banded earbuds. Will that work?

Reporting back - This thing works exactly like my WM10. Charged it, put it in RX mode, turned it on and it paired within 10 seconds with my EQ600. No noticeable delay whatsoever. It's tiny, so I mounted it to a belt clip with Velcro. I think I've got a winner here.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, those BT APTX LL transcievers are great. Using one with my GPX which enables me to pair the Equinox Headphones to my GPX also.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a guy in Hungary selling waterproof headphones with equinox connector. They come in around $150 shipped from overseas which is kinda high but not all that far off the price of Minelab's headphones (assuming you can get them within the next 6 months).

I asked for details and this is his description:

"Motorola spiral cable, Visaton brand, waterproof, diaphragm loudspeakers.Amphenol ip68 waterproof connector that I convert to connect to the equinox metal detector! It's really beautiful and realistic! And loud! "

I have grown tired of waiting around on Minelab, and the water is warm, and people are swimming. I went ahead and purchased a pair. Will let you know how they work!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note that the WP earbuds just say APTX in the link, not APTX LL.

Note that they are listed under the Low Latency section of Qualcomm's own website. Don't know that they would make a mistake.

Plus the company website lists the following specs.

1). IPX6 waterproof, apt-X Low latency

2). Bluetooth: V4.2(CSR64215)

3). Hands-free support

4). Working distance:10 meters

5). SNR:≥90dB

6). Speaker: 5mW, THD≤10%

7). Working time: 8 hours

8). Charging time:2 hours

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note that they are listed under the Low Latency section of Qualcomm's own website. Don't know that they would make a mistake.

Plus the company website lists the following specs.

1). IPX6 waterproof, apt-X Low latency

2). Bluetooth: V4.2(CSR64215)

3). Hands-free support

4). Working distance:10 meters

5). SNR:≥90dB

6). Speaker: 5mW, THD≤10%

7). Working time: 8 hours

8). Charging time:2 hours

Well I'm confused because the description on the Qualcomm site says IPX7 not IPX6. So the possibility LEVN doesn't quite have the listed specs correct just went up IMO. If the specs say different things in different places, then who knows what they are in reality. Let us know how they work out when you get them. If they are indeed LL compliant and WP, that would be great. Couldn't find the company website btw, just Alibaba links.

Last edited:

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The LEVN M78 Earphones came in today via DHL direct from the factory in China.

The box lists IPX7 waterproof rather than the IPX6 spec in the post above with info off their website.

They appear to be the real deal as far as Low Latency. The "+" symbol comes up on the NOX display.

They will pair with the NOX and my S7 concurrently. I took them to my test garden and they sounded good and had no apparent lag. Tried 5 tones and 50; both sounded good and volume seemed more than adequate. They are not as load as the NOX headphones, but I doubt many of the small BT buds will be.

I much prefer earbuds to headphones in most situations. Much cooler in the summer and I can bundle my head with caps and hoods easier in the winter.

If I find any issues after hunting I will report back.

20180418_184338_resized.jpg
20180418_173118_001_resized.jpg
20180418_173352_001_resized.jpg

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The box lists IPX7 waterproof rather than the IPX6 spec in the post above with info off their website.

They appear to be the real deal as far as Low Latency. The "+" symbol comes up on the NOX display.

They will pair with the NOX and my S7 concurrently. I took them to my test garden and they sounded good and had no apparent lag. Tried 5 tones and 50; both sounded good and volume seemed more than adequate. They are not as load as the NOX headphones, but I doubt many of the small BT buds will be.

I much prefer earbuds to headphones in most situations. Much cooler in the summer and I can bundle my head with caps and hoods easier in the winter.

View attachment 1579636
View attachment 1579637
View attachment 1579638

Can you PM me with a link to order these? I can't seem to find anywhere to buy them!

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you PM me with a link to order these? I can't seem to find anywhere to buy them!

There is no link to order them. I contacted the factory to get my sample.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased this bluetooth trans to plug my headphones into... (hate cord swinging around) .https://www.ebay.com/itm/V4-2-Bluet...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649. I cant get it to pair to 600, but can pair it to pc and works well.... Any advice for getting it to pair to 600????

you do not need that for the 600. the 600 is bluetooth ready....just buy a wireless head set that you like and insure they are apx LL. then pair them with the 600 and your good to go.you can not replace the wl08 for your own head phones,its proprietary and runs on a diff technology. they would not be charging hundreds of dollars for something you could replace with a $18 unit from china.glad it works for your pc...at least its not a complete loss...

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

how much?

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much?

The manufacturer does not yet seem to have retail distribution for these in western countries. Once they do the price should be under $30.00. If you are willing to order 100 pair probably under $20.00.

I used them for about 2 hours yesterday. They were extremely comfortable, no pressure or heat on my ears. They stay in place perfectly. I like the design with the behind the head strap rather than the dangling cord type. Very little to snag going under trees or around brush when woods hunting.

I have hearing loss and found they were loud enough at 21 on a windy day yet still allow you to be aware of your surroundings. Tones in both 5 and 50 were not much different than the ML HPs. Bass is not as deep on just about any earbuds. There is no discernible lag!

For music they are not as good as my Shure wired Earbuds; but they cost over 6 times as much.

For detecting they are just what I was looking for.

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The manufacturer does not yet seem to have retail distribution for these in western countries. Once they do the price should be under $30.00. If you are willing to order 100 pair probably under $20.00.

I used them for about 2 hours yesterday. They were extremely comfortable, no pressure or heat on my ears. They stay in place perfectly. I like the design with the behind the head strap rather than the dangling cord type. Very little to snag going under trees or around brush when woods hunting.

I have hearing loss and found they were load enough at 21 on a windy day yet still allow you to be aware of your surroundings. Tones in both 5 and 50 were not much different than the ML HPs. Bass is not as deep on just about any earbuds. There is no discernible lag!

For music they are not as good as my Shure wired Earbuds; but they cost over 6 times as much.

For detecting they are just what I was looking for.

I want....

doubloon hunter

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got my module to pair w/ 600..... seems to work great.....volume has increased alot... Had to turn machine volume down..... 18$ well spent in my book.....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my module to pair w/ 600..... seems to work great.....volume has increased alot... Had to turn machine volume down..... 18$ well spent in my book.....

Yep, the advantage of your setup is that you can use your favorite set of wired phones untethered from the detector. Glad its working out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread