Equinox headphones vs using your usual go to?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe on the Equinox you can use the wireless headphones that come with it, or you also have the choice of wearing the box thingy (whatever it's called) to plug regular phones into and at least be wireless from the detector. Anyway, as long as I have that right, I'm curious how many will use the Minelab phones or stick to your old favorites. I'm trying to figure out if I should sell my Grey Ghosts when I sell my detector, or keep them for the Equinox.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that is what the wm08 is for. It only has a 1/8th Jack though so you would need a adapter to run 1/4"

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to experiment with my Bose headphones, and I'll post my thoughts. :skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wm08 with your Gray Ghosts or the Minelab low latency supplied which the general consensus is people like them.

As long as they're supplied as they are actually inexpensive Chinese made phones that are sold under another name... but apparently still decent.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’d keep the GG and give them a try first, then sell if they don’t work out. Good luck!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe on the Equinox you can use the wireless headphones that come with it, or you also have the choice of wearing the box thingy (whatever it's called) to plug regular phones into and at least be wireless from the detector. Anyway, as long as I have that right, I'm curious how many will use the Minelab phones or stick to your old favorites. I'm trying to figure out if I should sell my Grey Ghosts when I sell my detector, or keep them for the Equinox.

When Dave and I get ours (hopefully next week) we are going to work on a mod to use our GG Amphibians on it using the 3030 connector so same headphones will work on both 3030 and equinox.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
T-H you have too many machines as it is

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not to fond of the sound from the wireless, I'm using my Killer B's and the WM08 with the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. My killer B's sound so much better in my opinion.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto Dan(NM), I am going to use the adapter and use my sun ray gold pros.. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread